By ilu.xo - 13/01/2010 06:11 - Canada

Today, I found out the guy I've been seeing for 3 months lives at home with his parents. He's 30. They live in a '50+ only' housing complex and he sneaks in the side door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 901
You deserved it 4 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MiniatureMayhem 0

Maybe he can't afford a house or apartment. Maybe he's unemployed. That's no reason to dump him, though it might be a hassle when you're trying to get it on..

Wow, perhaps he's gone through some serious trauma or issues lately?... Otherwises that's beyond pathetic

Comments

Yay. First post. At least it's only been 3 months. It's not too late to dump him

Caayouteepie 0

Its kind of mean to dump someone because of that. And it's way more of a FHL than the op's because she's only dating him. He's actually got to put up with that shit of sneaking into their retirement home everyday and not having a place of his home. So op, dump him or stfu.

LOL, are you serious? Op is not shallow for wanting a 30 year old guy to not live with parents. that's just pathetic. and no it's not about the money, it's about being independent when you're 30. since you're defending his ass I bet you're some lame middle aged man living in your parents' basement. grow up.

KingGeorgeGal 12

To dump just because of that is not right especially if you like him. It's hard to say who to agree with since we don't know if the guy is trying to find a place of his own or has a job.

Today's economy is NOT what it was 150 years ago, 100 years ago, 50 years ago. It is HARD to find a new place to live, and generally not worth the trouble. I may well live with my parents, or other family, for a long time to come, even when I do have other options; I'll pay rent, of course, but not leave. Women need to get over that antiquated garbage. Yes, once you are ready to start having kids, get together with EACH OTHER and start a family, you need to be able to afford some kind of place of your own. But until then, don't damn a man just because he's being practical.

Wow, perhaps he's gone through some serious trauma or issues lately?... Otherwises that's beyond pathetic

What's wrong with living at home when your 30?

MiniatureMayhem 0

Maybe he can't afford a house or apartment. Maybe he's unemployed. That's no reason to dump him, though it might be a hassle when you're trying to get it on..