By neverdrivingagain - 04/07/2009 02:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I spent hours arguing with my mother, who claimed I shouldn't make a three hour drive because I wouldn't be able to concentrate for that long. I argued that I was a perfectly capable driver, and left. In the last 2 minutes of the journey, I hit a van and messed up the front of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 850
You deserved it 40 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know that a lot of people are gonna put YDI, but that's just unlucky. FYL

cecinestpasunnom 0

Your mum was right, too. Being a capable driver is a completely different thing than having infinite supplies of concentration. Drive for an extended period of time, and you /will/ lose your focus. This is why you should take a break every now and then.

Comments

BS, just the other weekend I took a 28 hr drive with a buddy of mine, only making stops for food and gas. Rotations were about 6 or 7 hours. 3 hours should have not been a problems. She is probably like 16 to 18 and was doing something stupid like texting while she was trying to drive. YDI

Uconnrunner 0

I kind of agree with 65, except I would like to simplify it. WOMAN DRIVER. There are some women out there that are the most oblivious drivers I have ever seen. I believe this stems from societal issues, meaning women are used to other men looking out for them. Holding doors, and whatnot. They also think they are special, and just the fact that they are THINKING about driving, they assume that they are driving well. My girlfriend (god save her) used to think that you could make a left turn on a red light. My friend freaks out, and lets go of the wheel in a panic if there is another car in the lane next to her (slight exaggeration, but you get the point). The point I am trying to make is THINK and concentrate on what you are doing. observe other cars around you, and plan out what you are going to have to do, such as turning, merging etc...

lolol woman driver stereotype joke here

I've got to say, anyone should be able to drive for 3 hours without losing concentration. It's not that hard. Your mother's stupid for that. Also, we don't know the circumstances of the accident. We have no idea whose fault it was. So, I can't really say if YDI, or if it's a worthy FML. Details!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahshahhahahaha!!

Epikouros 31

Have you ever had 3 hour lessons at school, without a break?

Mmarion_fml 6

How about taking a small break and enjoy the landscape instead of driving 3 hours straight ?