By thenewgirl29 - 05/02/2015 16:42 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, the guy I've been seeing for a few months told me he couldn't stay overnight because his mom would yell at him for not coming home. We're both 30 and I didn't know he still lived at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 558
You deserved it 4 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The yelling is an excuse. He actually needs to be tucked into bed with his favorite teddy bear and read a bedtime story by mom.

There's a reason he was single when you met him apparently :p

Comments

The wife bell rings.. :/ anyway it sucks when dating guys who systematically won't spend the night, whatever the reason. You can do better :)

or he's taking car of his parents? shit I'm 21 and pay their rent and help them with their day to day stuff. So much judgment...

Are you dating Howard from the Big Bang Theory?

Goblin182 26
caleb_ohs 8

If he lives with his parents then he has to abide by their rules.

PANDORUM89 21

I would be concerned and would heavily consider ending the relationship. if the reason he lives at home is a logical reason then fine however a grown man that is concerned about mommy yelling at him for having a life outside of the home is not okay in my book. some women like men like that however I prefer my men to set boundaries on their personal life. my current boyfriend has a mom that is ALL kinds of up in our business and I've told him I don't tolerate that. I'm a more private person and even my own mother doesn't pry that much. you just need to decide what you are comfortable with and understand that if he allows his mom that much reign now it won't go away later without a lot of work and rule setting.