Squatters' rights

By Anonymous - 23/04/2024 16:00 - United States - Auburn

Today, I found out the person that I’ve been casually seeing has decided he wants to live with me. I found this out when I asked him to go home after two weeks sleeping over, and he told me he'd already moved out of his mom’s. I sublet a single bedroom and have barely enough room for myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 501
You deserved it 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wrecklesswfire 1

call his mom to come get him?

He's trying to get tenants' rights. For most states, if he's there for 30 consecutive days, you have to legally evict him, which could take months or even longer. Trespass him. If he won't leave, call the police immediately in a safe manner. Don't let him know you're calling them.

Comments

wrecklesswfire 1

call his mom to come get him?

He's trying to get tenants' rights. For most states, if he's there for 30 consecutive days, you have to legally evict him, which could take months or even longer. Trespass him. If he won't leave, call the police immediately in a safe manner. Don't let him know you're calling them.

Actually, never mind trespassing him first; just call the police without him knowing. Keep yourself as safe as possible.

d j mom 3

you gotta kick him out before 30 days is up and he starts getting his mail delivered there

Take all his stuff, put it outside and then call the cops to remove him if he kicks off. I also vote calling his mother to come get him. Good luck.

They call this being a hobosexual. Basically picking up so you have somewhere to sleep.

I'd find it suspicious if someone slept over for two weeks without leaving... is that seriously normal for some people?