By fail - 18/08/2013 04:41 - United States

Today, I found out yet another of my guy friends liked me. I posted that I just wanted a guy friend that had absolutely no romantic feelings for me. My crush volunteered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 876
You deserved it 67 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Heartless to post that, those friend who have feelings for you can read it aswell. You got what you deserve.

No sympathy from me, OP. There was no reason for you to post that on Facebook, were you just trying to inflate your ego or something? Your poor friend doesn't need to see that. If you didn't want to date him, you could have just politely declined if he asked you out. You can't get mad that your crush publicly stated that he didn't fancy you, because that's exactly what you did to your friend.

Comments

So, what? She was supposed to pretend to have feelings for them just so they didn't feel bad? Wouldn't that make everyone else feel bad who wasn't dating her? She should have just dated everyone so no one felt bad. Yes. Sense making.

Jeeze these comments. Do you all really think she should have faked feelings for these guys. How long should she lie? To how many of them? Just so they don't feel sad? Is that how love works?!

This is exactly what is wrong with this generation of girls. YDI.

Karma? So when a girl fails to automatically return a guy's feeling, this is a transgression that needs to be punished by the universe to teach her a lesson? Why? So next time, she'll not let her own feelings get in the way of a man's? And when a guy bemoans girls for being "clingy" or "always wanting relationships", nobody thinks that he's fishing for attention or trying to look more attractive than he is, or that he's "publicly shaming" anyone (usually, that would require naming specific people). This is a double-standard all around.

How was this even accepted to be published? Your life is so bad cos ANOTHER one of ur guy mates fancies you and then your crush put you in your place? Girl. Grow up.

To be honest, you sound like a bitch. I say F the lives of all the guys who you intentionally friendzoned.

It's okay for a self-proclaimed "nice guy" to be clingy and whiny about how no girl will date him, but it's not okay for a girl to hold out hope that her crush will ask her out instead of other clingy guys that she doesn't want to date. It's bullshit. No, I don't think she should have put that online. But I also don't think it's okay to just assume that those guys were right for her and that she would realize it "if only she gave him a chance".

annabellev 2

Well did you even consider the feelings for your other guy friend before you posed that on Facebook? You deserved it.

How many people who are saying she deserves it for making the post would even think twice about seeing a guy on their feed saying something about how clingy girls are? When a guy says something like that, do we immediately feel sorry for the poor girl whose actions must have prompted it? So much concern here for the poor bruisable egos of men who are hypothetical to us. But if the situation were reversed, so many of us would just agree and then insist, "Yeah, thank God I'm not like that. Those Other Girls are terrible. So shallow! So clingy! So vain!" Women in this world are in a double-bind, basically pushed into caring about our appearance and weight and boys and then punished for caring about those things. All so that no matter what we do and no matter what happens, society has a ready-made excuse to tell us that we deserve it.