By esbemebe1113 - 27/03/2013 21:12 - United States - Cartersville

Today, I had to present a project for my science class. I began explaining my project; looking at all the bored people, I got incredibly nervous. My nervousness then caused me to laugh hysterically, causing my classmates to laugh. My teacher felt sorry for me and told me to sit down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 742
You deserved it 4 261

esbemebe1113 tells us more.

Hi, this is OP. I loved all of your comments and read every single one. I couldn't believe this got on the site! Thanks to number #22: I loved you're comment and made me feel loads better. I love that everyone was so understanding. What's strange is that although I am a painfully awkward, I usually just get really red when I have to talk to the class. Thankfully I have a lot of good friends in real life to comfort me. (and a few new internet ones!) Thanks for finding my life entertaining!

Top comments

untouchable763 10

Awe it's ok public speaking is hard for many people and trust me your not alone.

Well, now you can think about becoming a psychology major in college and do a presentation about why presentations are awkward and be able to draw from personal experience.

Comments

untouchable763 10

Awe it's ok public speaking is hard for many people and trust me your not alone.

you're* (: True, public speaking does prove difficult in a more technologically introverted society.

All though this isn't as bad as the FML where the new lawyer says "the prostitution rests", it is still pretty embarassing. I feel your pain, OP, considering my public speaking skills are about as good as a tree's.

I HATE public speaking. I shake, sweat, feel a lump in my throat and am always on the verge of tears. It's the worst feeling ever. I'd much rather laugh hysterically than get what I do, but still. I feel you, OP.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Public speaking sucks. I'm opposite from OP though. If I see people bored while I'm speaking I'm sure they're not paying attention so I feel less nervous since no one is technically observing me completely. It helps a lot to think this way.

Well, now you can think about becoming a psychology major in college and do a presentation about why presentations are awkward and be able to draw from personal experience.

I know what you mean, I hate standing in front of my class

I know what you guys mean I hate standing in front of my class too. You feel like everyone is just staring even if they are not. I get really red then everyone is really staring.

At least you didn't stutter and shake uncontrollably , that's very common

11 - What the **** is his picture even of?

29, two ears side by side and also, lolFMLnot is a girl.

30 - Oh. My bad, didn't see her title. Thank you for telling me though.

You know what else is very common? Random boners

Especially while looking at your profile picture.

Ill end up doing that in two weeks.

Think of the positive! you managed to make a whole class of people laugh. Some people struggle with that skill.

It's okay, it happens to most people. I, for one, stutter, laugh and leave out words to the extent that my speech no longer makes sense...

At least you're not in the habit of pissing yourself!

I know how you feel OP, I struggle with public speaking too...