By Rodrigeuz26 - 22/01/2010 07:26 - United States

Today, I was sitting in IHOP with my girlfriend of six months when she brought in her son of three years she had neglected to tell me about, and asked 'Does this change things?' FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 278
You deserved it 4 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shmikey 0

how did she keep that secret for 6 months?

Comments

iPhone auto corrects things that look like apple products. relax.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

FYL? She the one stuck with kid.. FHL.. You're free to go, OP.. The relationship was built on a lie.. A

what a loser!!! who corrects someone on the proper way to spell IHOP??? i didnt know fml was a correct gramar and spelling competition

PaulWeller 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

@156. my iPhone assumed it was an apple product, not me or the OP. go ********** or something. it will calm you down

afarr 0

he cant. He can only PLAY WITH MY NIPPLES! shawie?

Agreed. Uh, yeah lady, that changes things. I understand its hard to date once you've become a single parent, but you gotta be honest.

Just when I thought I'd figured out the limits of the iPod/iPhone's pretentious douchebaggery.

singlemom1409 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

He's pathetic for not wanting to support someone else's kid after being lied to for several months? Anyway, it most likely wasn't her kid. That is an easy way of breaking up with someone without feeling guilty about it.

ellness 0

like he hasn't lied about anything to her. I have secrets about my past that I don't even tell my gf. but that shouldn't change anything. she's the same person she was before he knew about the kid.

Yeah #221.. But there is another human being in the equation.. Do you see how that works?

CristianoLopes 0

hookoff he should hit it n split it

sims2lovr01 12

wow it's not that seriouse ass hole :p

@197, #149, meant that a child is a bad thing to people who didn't want it or didn't mean to have it. Your opinion is not the way of the world. Stop overreacting...

shmikey 0

how did she keep that secret for 6 months?

TheDaveCA 1
plutosaplanet 0

um when i date someone i dont usually ask if they have kids. its more like the mom should have said oh i have a son....

Now there's a girl who can keep a secret for a good long time!

It's def possible. One of my friends boyfriends in highschool kept his kid a secret for an entire year that they were together. The mom had moved an hour and a half away and didn't want anything to do with him and never contacted him. He would have to contact her. But we didn't find this out until AFTER my friend broke up with him. He was extremely ashamed he had a kid so young and had never told anyone.

she didnt. the guy made that up hoping to get some sympathy. FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

And you would know how again? Idiot. Epic idiot.

how dou no it's fake? u wasn't rhere so stfu

janise 2

It's pretty ignorant to assume a woman is crazy just because she doesn't have custody of her kid. Are men crazy if they don't have custody? NO.

If you had any experience with the court system you'd know that for a man to get custody he not only has to be a saint, but he must also prove the mother to be completely unfit as a parent. For a woman to lose custody she has to be either a drug addict or clinically insane, and often the court still decides in favour of the mother. (eg If she says she's getting treatment.)

Here, I found a quote for you from an article about a recent court case:- "The Family Court judge found Bill's ex-wife to be violent, untruthful, lacking moral values and responsible for the psychological and emotional abuse of her children - but still gave her custody of the two girls, now aged 9 and 11, because they had become estranged from their father."

anela_fml 0

...you must not have barely gotten to know her over that 6 months.

Speaking as a single parent, it's to protect the child. However, her never mentioning said child is very wrong on her part. Mentioning the child is appropriate but meeting the child is another story.

Yes, meeting the child is a whole different story. Not mentioning him for six months is unacceptable and would be a deal-breaker for me.

GeorgeBoosh 0

Why would it be a deal breaker? She kept the kid secret because most guys wouldn't even TALK to a woman with a child, let alone start up a relationship. The fact that she kept the child invisible for 6 months means that it shouldn't impact on their play time as a couple. So, did he like the girl? Was she fun to be with? Look past you male egos.

Sure, it showed him that her having a child has yet to interfer with their playtime as a couple, unless it has interfered and she blamed it on something else because she didnt tell him she has a child!!! Would you be upset with a significant other if you believed, and were never corrected, that they were a lawyer only to find out six months later that they are a receptionist? I would, because they deceived me and a deception such as that would change things. That deception isnt even as bad as the one here. What if the OP doesnt really like kids, or loves them but doesnt want one? Yes, its damn hard to find a relationship as a single mother, but that is not the OPs problem, its the girlfriends. Deception is not a good way to begin a relationship. Im sure its hard for people with HIV to find a relationship too, but that doesnt make it okay for them to hide it from their boyfriend for six months.

#195 I would not date a man who had kids either. So what? You don't get to decide whether other people should have kids in their lives or not.

exactly, if a guy doesn't want to date a woman with kids that should he his choice! & obviously that woman isn't trustworthy for hiding something so important. Just because you wait to tell a guy that you have a kid, does NOT mean that they will continue dating you. Relationships should be based off of honesty and trust, she lost that the moment she neglected to tell him about her son. Don't be an idiot ladies.

apple does not own pancake shops. it's not iHop.

dang, someone beat me to this comment. glad it didn't go unnoticed though :)

CJ090 0

im glad cause it would be all white and chrome and say its better then any pancakes in the world only they would be so shitty

If the OP posted from an iPhone, it would have automatically changed IHOP to iHop.

Yeah they weren't saying Apple owns IHOP, Applebee's does!

addie19 6

international house of pancakes, a restaurant

OP used a capital I so what's the problem??

chadwick110480 0

if she can keep something as big as that a secret then I wonder how long it will take her to confess about cheating on you. "Hey honey remember when we were first dating ten years ago well . . . " Just a thought.