By Anonymous - 22/03/2015 18:19 - United Kingdom - London

Today, we got CCTV fitted in our store. My lovely boss told me he'll be spending his free time watching the footage on his phone to know what I get up to when he's not in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 909

Top comments

Perfect! You will be able to prove how hard you work and that you deserve a raise. Just watch out for that nose picking thing.

Unbweavable 17

Well as long as you're doing your job you have nothing to worry about

Comments

Today, my lovely mother decided to put a CCTV in my room. I'm being home schooled. FML. - TRUE STORY

Larentiah 4

I know bosses want to make sure everything is good but....if nothing seems wrong, why do this? Don't they know that stuff puts people on edge? Weren't they ever the little guy once, afraid one screw up will cost them their livelihood? If there hasn't been cause for suspicion, why not trust them?

I think I'd go crazy. I hate being watched. KNOWING I'm being watched is worse.

Actually (and depending on the boss) it's not so bad. I have camera watching me while I work too. When I first learned they were there I was absolutely paranoid. Now, however, I sometimes forget that they are even there. As long as you aren't doing something you should be doing then having those cameras there is really Be outside different than the boss being there.

SchlomoTheGrinch 18

Maybe your "boss" should try to be a "leader" instead...

hayylers 12

As someone who's worked at two places with cameras. Be thankful. At my last job there was a crazy pyscho who would tell my boss I was stealing and doing all this stuff wrong and the cameras proved me innocent

I don't know who to be sadder for, you for having to have that creepy watched feeling, or him for obviously having nothing better to do.

Don't stress it, I work at a bowling alley and the owner watches us work like clock work. When he first got them installed I swear he would sit with a bowl of popcorn and watch us work. He took a trip to Ireland I believe and through out his trip we'd get calls saying things like "move the vacuum it's in the way" or "there's a table that needs to be wiped." When he wasn't even in the same continent ?

I work at a bowling alley too! My boss does the same exact thing with cameras! It's slightly creepy.

Use it as a way for your boss to see you doing good work. It's still a bit creepy though.

hemsky 18

You should be doing the same thing as you would when he is there anyway cause who knows he could always be watching so YDI