By Anonymous - 22/03/2015 18:19 - United Kingdom - London

Today, we got CCTV fitted in our store. My lovely boss told me he'll be spending his free time watching the footage on his phone to know what I get up to when he's not in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 909

Top comments

Perfect! You will be able to prove how hard you work and that you deserve a raise. Just watch out for that nose picking thing.

Unbweavable 17

Well as long as you're doing your job you have nothing to worry about

Comments

cctv can't be seen or looked at besides at the site.

TallMist 32

Okay? And? You know phones nowadays can use the internet, right?

Maybe you should do a better job at work, then your boss won't have to question what you "get up to". Or maybe you should just take an english course.

SnowSakura 25

I don't think it's such a bad thing if you're not doing something wrong regarding your job. My boss has cameras everywhere in the bar, except the bathrooms. In my first day I went in the storage room to fix my bra, not knowing there's a camera there too :))But all in all is not bad, it makes me feel safer because I know I can leave the bar and the register without fearing someone will steal something and he can see I'm doing my job. The only downside I can think of is you can't pick your nose or scratch your butt when you feel like it :))

As you are in the UK, this is actually illegal. CCTV is proptected and may only be used for fraud etc. Not monitoring employees.