Bad timing

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I finally worked up the courage to tell my boyfriend that I wanted to go separate ways. Before I could say anything, he proposed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 060
You deserved it 3 749

Same thing different taste

Comments

I dunno sounds more like a **** his life to me

i m desperate for that follow up xD you sure supprised each other!!

trellz17 19

Ok and? Still break up with him, it was your idea after all.

Well as much as I feel bad for you, I feel bad for him too. If you didn't say no maybe try talking to him about what you don't like about him. Good luck!

Poor guy?! If it was a giant public proposal, my feelings on this go from, "He kinda deserves it for not raising marriage in at least general terms" to "He deserves every ounce of humiliation he suffered." Having been the recipient of an unwanted public proposal made after I let the guy know my feelings, I might be a little biased, but I really have no sympathy for OP's (I hope) ex.

I had an ex who tried this... I had just dumped him for treating me horribly (for example: he locked me in the bedroom one time and wouldn't let me out) and was back to collect my things when he said everything from, "I'm going to kill myself if you leave" to, "But I was going to propose to you." I hope you make the right choice for yourself OP. Good luck.

M3DO 24

Maybe they did talk about marriage and she said yes at the time but then changed her mind, why is everyone assuming they never talked about it?

bananassin 25

From your bf's side: Today I finally worked up the courage to propose to my gf, just when I proposed she broke up with me. FML.