Thanks, I hate it!

By thebabysitter - 14/08/2009 07:34 - United States

Today, I just got done watching my cousin's two kids for four days while they were on vacation. I fed, clothed, and bathed them for four days of hell and got paid with a $5 shark tooth necklace from the Bahamas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 992
You deserved it 5 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're family doesn't mean they can **** you like that. They had the money for the Bahamas, so they have the money to pay you for your work.

You mean you agreed to babysit for free (or without discussing payment), and they brought back a sharktooth necklace from the giftshop ?? I seriously doubt the souvenir was a form of payment, but perhaps next time you discuss payment ahead of time? Family usually screws you over more than strangers.

Comments

you should have agreed on an amount before hand, and i agree with #54

No one can take advantage of you without your permission. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow a backbone.

When you're watching family, don't expect to be paid. Ever. If you do then you're a selfish douche bag.

you deserved it. you should have talked about payment before they left. if that's the way you conduct business, NEVER work in the real world.

Relatives aren't supposed to be paid. Geez.

YDI for expecting relatives to pay you.

I hope they at least paid for your expenses. My parents paid my cousin when she babysat us when we were little.

When I read the first five words, I knew this OP was going to be stupid. Don't say "just got done", say "just finished".

YDI if you didn't work out payment beforehand.

FYL but really if you want payment agree on that upfront before taking the kids.