By BlueSteele220 - 16/06/2017 10:02

Today, after driving 15 hours to enjoy a 6-day family vacation with my in-laws, my husband and I found out that, even though we spent $600 like everyone else, we are sleeping on a pullout couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 673
You deserved it 510

BlueSteele220 tells us more.

Hey OP here. actually it is a nice cabin. my sister -in- law and get husband rented out another cabin when they arrived so we wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. We would have for them, the other siblings made the arrangements. Turns out the couch is cooler than the room we have, but we also wanted intimacy..

Top comments

*insert joke about pulling out here* That sucks though OP. Find a weaker pairing and wrestle for their bed? That's how to sort things in life, right?

Never vacation with in-laws. We learned this lesson a few years ago.

Comments

ShannonBitt 29

If you're in a hotel where they change the sheets every night, I'd suggest rotating beds with others so everyone gets their chance on the couch. If not, ask for some sort of refund from them for the unfair arrangements.

mariri9206 32

You do know hotels don't always change the sheets, though, right? It's best to ask for new sheets delivered to the room.

ShannonBitt 29

That's why I said "a hotel where they change the sheets." Plus I'm not an extensive traveler, but I've never been to a hotel where they don't change the sheets unless you specify not to.

Ya, it sucks but make the best of it and don't let it ruin your vacation.

you say we spent 600 like wverone else . the rooms are full.. "sombody" was going to get the hideaway

Then the people who got actual rooms and beds pay a leeeeetle bit more, so the people who got shafted pay less for the privilege. That's how adult handle things. Sort of like how if 4 people order filet mignon at dinner and 1 person orders salad, you dont split the check evenly.

wow. I probably would have enquired about the sleeping arangements before hand instead of just assuming I could pay my money and show up. But still, you'd think someone would give you a heads up like "These are the accommodations we're getting, are you guys ok on the couch?" then you could have made other arrangements or negotiated.

Now you know that your in laws are never going to treat you fairly or be completely honest with you and can plan accordingly for these facts when it comes to family events. If you paid the money to someone in the family who then decided the sleeping arrangements, I suggest that you and your spouse pull them aside and politely but firmly request at least part of your money back, as they mislead you to believe you would be having the same level of sleeping arrangements as everyone else. Make it obvious that next time they will not be trusted to decide sleeping and/or rooming arrangements for your part of the family. Especially since it sounds like they either pocketed a chunk of what you contributed or used it to cover someone else's rooming expenses.

Dumper420 3

Sounds like place is a dump!

This may not actually have been a bad intention, ultimately someone needs to sleep on that bed, why shouldn't it be you?

Hey OP here. actually it is a nice cabin. my sister -in- law and get husband rented out another cabin when they arrived so we wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. We would have for them, the other siblings made the arrangements. Turns out the couch is cooler than the room we have, but we also wanted intimacy..