By Aginsafa - 25/04/2011 11:41 - United States

Today, at work my boss told me I have been late, under-productive, and using up a lot of sick days. He says my job is on the line. My reason for barely showing up at work: I've been on maternity leave for 6 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 447
You deserved it 3 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You actually can't lose your job for going on maternity leave, go read the job rights poster, as well as any other state and federal laws and/or job policies.

burninnapalm 5

at least he can't fire you then, because if he does, than you can sue him for wrongful termination and never have to work again

Comments

Why would you barely show up on maternity leave? You shouldn't be there at all. And if he fires you, you can file a lawsuit.

save some placenta juice and feed it to the boss while squirting breast milk into his eye

structuredchaoz 4

Document everything. Sue his ass if he fires you.

moholy 1

Why were you there at all if you're on mat leave? Seems like he's looking for cause to fire you and not have to hold your job.

kmarrs 2

Unless you've been in the job for a year or more and it's company of a certain size (I think it's like 50 or more employees in the same city, or something like that.) you have no case. Sorry. Now if you have been in the company long enough, and it is indeed big enough, you are covered by the Family Medical Leave Act and IF you are fired you can sue and will win. That's the federal law anyway. California law may be better. I don't know, I don't live in California.

life2007 0

I hope he realizes it is illegal to fire you because you were on maternity leave and if he does fire you, you can sue him.

Time to report he or she to HR! You shouldn't have a boss that stupid.

or blend it all together and force it down his throat.