By BandAid1865 - 27/07/2015 03:51 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out why my girlfriend was so excited to get to see me. She finally got to end the relationship she didn't want anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 482
You deserved it 1 788

BandAid1865 tells us more.

BandAid1865 20

Hey OP here. To help clarify some things. To those that were confused, yes she broke up with me. Apparently she didn't want the relationship to begin with. Thanks everyone for the support, but please keep the comments clean. She might have broke my heart but that doesn't make her any less of a person.

Top comments

cat4651 15

Oh I'm sorry OP :/ At least she had the decency to do it in person.

And you're no longer in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be with you, so ultimately, you both got some good out of it.

Comments

cat4651 15

Oh I'm sorry OP :/ At least she had the decency to do it in person.

Abhimanyu 14

you're not helping. I've been through that myself and i assure you that isn't helping OP one bit. sorry :(

And you're no longer in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be with you, so ultimately, you both got some good out of it.

PePziNL 20

Are you the kind of guy that when splashed with a puddle of water at the side of the road by a car, thinks: "Ah, at least there's less water for anybody else to get wet!" I.e. he might still like / love her so this situation still sucks.

I'm a woman, and a bit of a cynic at that. But I have tons of experience with bad relationships, and I know they're shitty for both parties, no matter who's more invested.

I'm sorry OP. You don't want to be with someone like that anyways

missyfiona89 28

I hope you meant "ex girlfriend".

Stupidity is strong in this one and this comment with: "I hope you meant ex.." is overused so badly.

#4 is technically right since by the time this FML was written, she is OP's ex-girlfriend. Still deserves the down-votes for using such an overused comment though.

missyfiona89 28

Well although I agree that this is an overused comment, I wouldn't retract it. The girlfriend in question is either happy to see OP because: 1. She really is glad to end the relationship with OP or 2. She had another relationship while with OP, and finally ended it to be with OP . Either way, she's not worthy of being referred to OP's girlfriend in the present tense.

fashionbug9880 22

It does make sense to refer to her as a girlfriend, because if they said their ex-girlfriend was excited to see them, it would imply that they were already broken up, but they were still dating at the time.

SaniK 17
danceinconverse 25

Well now you can be excited to find someone who isn't happy when they get to cause others pain! (Unless you're into that...)

1dvs_bstd 41

There are plenty of fishes in the sea. Sucks that you ended up with a ******* stingray.

roshae_16 11

Why is this an FML? Seems like she did you a favor!!!

well, look at it this way, you are now more free than an American in 1776 and a whole lot richer. being single was always cheaper .

olpally 32

What a bitch. I'd tell her I hope she gets herpes and her next BF is a douche bag. Bye *****.

bad_boyfriend 10

You probably also think the "friendzone" is a real thing

Because she broke up with him, you want her to get herpes ? isn't honesty key In a relationship? if she wasn't feeling it then why continue something that's not there

TallMist 32

She's not a ***** for not wanting to be in the relationship. Maybe the relationship was depressing her or starting to make her stress out so she was happy to end it? It's a definite possibility and I highly doubt her reasoning of being excited was because she got to break OP's heart.