By erika - 28/07/2009 05:19 - United States

Today, I got a sunburn all over my stomach from a tanning bed. In an attempt to relieve the itching, I looked up natural treatments since we have no aloe. After trying yogurt, milk and mayo I found out that our water was shut off so the shower could be fixed. I now reek of mayo and milk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 848
You deserved it 46 935

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Tanning is stupid. Seriously. Do you want skin cancer?

vvvalori 0

YDI for artificial tanning. It's worse for you than natural sunlight. And how can lying in a bed for two minutes beat walking outside? Ever? Also, even if Mayo were a remedy...why would you put it on your body????? EW.

Comments

deaditegirl 0

YDI for putting mayo on you. That's disgusting. Also, YDI for tanning.

fyourlife33 0

you definitely deserve it for rubbing mayo on yourself, everyone knows you save that for bedroom fun

YDI for spending money on a tanning bed instead of paying your ******* bills.

uh, it says the water was off so the SHOWER COULD BE FIXED. Not because the bills weren't paid. Learn to read the whole fml.

kscott88 0

Mayonnaise is actually a very good natural relief for many things. Just because you might enjoy putting chemicals all over your skin doesn't mean the rest of us do!

bexox 0

42 - Aloe is a plant. Just sayin' I saw the leaves in the grocery store the other day.

Imawhalerider 0
suaveneanderthal 0

how the hell is aloe not a natural treatment? just because the plant might not grow near you doesn't mean it doesn't grow somewhere

americayay 0

why didn't you just turn the water back on? it takes a main key, but i assume the water company wasn't the one who turned it off and odds are a housemate of family member did. they could just turn it back on.

mish01 0

Why assume that she had to pay bills? where did that even come from?! why do people on FMyLife just assume ALL the time, you don't know them so don't assume that they deserve it because of your bullshit.

Some people use tanning beds for medical reasons or depression so before you immediately judge someone for using one, make sure they're using it just for vanity, douchebag.

Tea. Also, smells better than the combo of mayo and milk.

how do you not notice your being burned... seriously?

Emberlin 0

Everyone gets burnt in the tanning bed their first time of the season. Besides, the OP should have just gone next door and used someone's hose

ashole1990 10

special. you should've just gone and bought some aloe vera. makes more sense than wasting your milk and mayo...

YDI. Tanning is stupid. Seriously. Do you want skin cancer?

You can get skin cancer from tanning in the sun too.... -_-

What about a spray tan. cheap and no skin cancer

Most people with spray tans resemble Oompa Loompas.

Autumnatic 0

yeah but if you weren't ashamed of being your natural race and didnt try to purposely change your skin color anyway, you wouldn't get cancer from bakebed OR sun tanning. OP and everyone who tans deserves a story on this site. it's such idiocy.

Ooompa Loompas? Nahh, Only cheaper spray tans tend to be a more yellowy-orange bronzer base. Quality professional spray tanners tend to only use brown-gold bronzer solution.... which tends to just make people look like they're covered in dirt.

vvvalori 0

YDI for artificial tanning. It's worse for you than natural sunlight. And how can lying in a bed for two minutes beat walking outside? Ever? Also, even if Mayo were a remedy...why would you put it on your body????? EW.

ISellHerbs 0

Fake story. It's summertime and it even in Pennsylvania there's plenty of sun. There's almost no reason to go to a tanning bed at this time of year.

There are plenty of reasons to use a bed any time of year. Modesty, lack of time, desire for an even tan, et cetera.

Emberlin 0

Thank you #71! Seriously, walking outside is just as good? Okay, I do not enjoy tanlines so therefor I go to the tanning bed. I hate how I look when I'm pale, and when I'm tan I don't have to wear makeup.

You live in Florida. It's summer. How tough could it be to get a tan?

...it says pennsylvania, not florida.

Actually, it is very hard to tan in Florida. It rains almost daily.

bexox 0

Not really. It rains a lot, sure, but not daily. I live in Florida.

I guess you live in a different area in Florida than I do, because where I live, it rains almost daily.

I live about an hour outside of Tampa. It's raining so often, we couldn't even mow our yard until recently.

shewasalmost18 0

i bet you smell like a tasty sandwich. mmmm

Do you normally put milk on your sandwiches?