By SDCore - 12/02/2015 00:40 - United States - Glenview

Today, I got drunk at a party. I didn't want my parents to know, so I took out my phone, called my parents, and asked them not to tell them I'm drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 831
You deserved it 39 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a brilliant plan. It's fool proof. Now you just have to bribe your parents and make sure they don't tell themselves or else you could be in a lot of trouble. Of course, you could also 'dispose' of them, but then how will you explain that when your parents start asking why they don't see themselves around anymore?

Comments

octinate 17

You would have got away with it if you didn't call them!

incoherentrmblr 21

Self-fulfilling prophecy & Murphy's Law...

Aadavis94 25

I was going to say he's drunk, not stupid.. Then realized drunk and stupid are practically synonyms.

"Okay, we won't tell if you won't." Unless they have no sense of humor, then it was probably along the lines of, "You're grounded!" Just a guess.

sylverdrag_fml 9

To be fair, he demonstrated perfectly why he shouldn't get drunk. Grounds enough to ground him.

If you included your age it could heavily change the YDI to Your life sucks Ratio.

Yeah, my first thought was "wait, how old are you?" If OP is underage and worried about getting grounded, then they really shouldn't have been there in the first place. If OP is an adult and just didn't want them to know for whatever reason then it's much less of a big deal...

iTzSelverZz 14

Well at least you made them laugh at you while being angry.

Yea, next time if you're going to drink and happen to have an iPhone, hide the app that lets you use your phone with other apps before hand. If you were so messed up that you called your parents, odds are you wouldn't have the brainpower to really search for it at that point

Rawrshi 25

Yeah but this can be dangerous in case of an emergency when they absolutely need to call someone like their parents or a cab instead of getting in a car drunk/with someone drunk. Does it disable 911 calls as well?

Hopefully he would have friends that were sober around who wouldn't let him do that. I don't have an iPhone but you could probably just block it from letting you call certain people.

Rawrshi 25

Hopefully, but you never know. I've had to go track down a friend who got drunk at a party and ended up somewhere they had no clue where they were. It took a while to find them. If their phone was disabled it could have been way worse as they were just left on the street in an unfamiliar place by their "driver".

You can do emergency calls from the lock screen at any time on an iPhone

Nothing disables emergency calls except a dead battery

You can't really hide them but you can bundle them with other apps to save space which hides them from immediate view

Oh, I thought it was like Android where there's the App page and the actual home page(s) where you can have app shortcuts.

What a brilliant plan. It's fool proof. Now you just have to bribe your parents and make sure they don't tell themselves or else you could be in a lot of trouble. Of course, you could also 'dispose' of them, but then how will you explain that when your parents start asking why they don't see themselves around anymore?

^best written response ive seen today! It made me lol.

I'm favoriting the FML for this comment. Beautifully written, sir.

Dont worry! I know a guy that will make sure his parents dont see the light of day without his parents asking questions as to why they dont see themselves as often like before! Its fool proof!

hahaha almost peed myself good sir lol

Well you were asking for it when you decided you wanted to get drunk. Always know your limits before drinking.