By InsomniacToBe - 19/07/2012 15:55 - United States - Saint George

Today, I had a dream that my ex-boyfriend had become a vicious serial killer and was hunting me down because I broke up with him. I don't know what scares me more: the way he hunted me in my sleep, or the fact that it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 015
You deserved it 3 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You better hope that shit doesn't come true!

RabidBunny 10

Your dream was a vision of the future! Now that you know, you must train in martial arts to ensure your safety! Good luck! :D

Comments

You better hope that shit doesn't come true!

Restraining orders are great, aren't they?

Op, try to keep a distant from him, and don't "hang out" with him alone if you don't feel safe.

TheDrifter 23

They're awesome! The psycho serial killers always respect restraining orders, right? Right? Damn, RUN!

40 based on your pic your speaking from experience.

Carry some pepper spray with you! Or maybe even a pocket knife.

JustDerpin 11

59: Go with the pepper spray--lots more useful and way less likely to hurt yourself.

#36 A fictional character put it best. "The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it." OP, if I were you I'd talk to your ex and let him know. It sounds like you may have a case of guilt on your hands. Since I don't know the details of why you broke up with him, I'll offer my sincerest "good luck."

Oreohugzpenny 4

Maybe he is........ Hell I got nothing.RUN!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if he is a serial killer a restraining order won't help. I mean, why would he obey the order but be ok with murder? If anything the order would only aggravate this guy, not your best move.

JKr3slEMO 5

carry around sharp objects.problem solved.

#113: Very true. OP should be very careful and aware of all surroundings. Restraining orders don't stop psychos. Last week a lady got shot in the head outside my apartment by her ex. She had a restraining order against him..

Well, it seems that you are going to be forever accompanied.

Not exactly for if that were to happen there is a lovely thing called a lawsuit that can easily be bestowed and if that doesn't work just like 36 said restraining orders make the world go around (well not really but in this case I guess it does)

If someone is that dangerous, I doubt a restraining order would help anything.

iknowimawesome 13

I know people aren't generally fond of the whole, "Time for a new boyfriend!" thing, but I feel that's exactly what needs to be said right now...

Well I completely disagree because if you can read it says ex-boyfriend.

TheSnakeDoctor20 17

The guy she is talking about is already her ex boyfriend. 6- You just beat me to it. Good job my friend.

iknowimawesome 13

Oh, wow. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up though!

Well, maybe a new boyfriend for protection purposes xD

RabidBunny 10

Your dream was a vision of the future! Now that you know, you must train in martial arts to ensure your safety! Good luck! :D

Time to get a panic room and buy some automatic weapons.

unknown_user5566 26

How bad was the break up if you're now fearing for your life? Seriously though, if his temper is that scary, you should take precautions to ensure your safety.

Keliosan 6

I imagine it was his fault if he is so close to serial killer status. If he gets all stalkertastic on you though I suggest the old knife under the pillow.

unknown_user5566 26

I've dealt with a couple situations similar to this, where the guy's temper is unbelievably scary, and each time it's boiled down to mental illness. For me, it's a gray area to say such reactions are entirely their fault when there is something wrong with them mentally. Definitely a scary situation for OP, though. A knife under the pillow might not be a bad idea.

thiscrazything 1

A gun would be a better one.

Keliosan 6

She never said he had a temper. Maybe he's just a sociopath! That would definitely give the impression he could be a serial killer.

unknown_user5566 26

41- True! I didn't immediately think "gun" because they make me so nervous. I'm always afraid of accidentally hurting myself with one. 43- The ex being a sociopath is plausible, definitely. I just generally associate murder with anger, or other strong emotions. If the ex were to murder OP due to a breakup though, it would likely be considered a crime of passion, which would indicate that he does in fact have a spectrum of emotions (unlike sociopaths who are generally emotionless).

itsame0987 18

Actually 47, it would not be a crime of passion. Crime of passion has to happen immediately, with no time to contemplate vengeance. Typically crime of passion murders will happen right when the girl or guy ends the relationship, or if one partner comes home and catches the other in be with someone else. Considering the fact that op had time to fall asleep and dream about it, the breakup at least happen a couple of hours before, therefore crime of passion could not be used, it would be premeditated.

unknown_user5566 26

50- Oh, really? I honestly didn't know that. I always figured any crime borne from a negative incident in a relationship was under the "crime of passion" umbrella. Thank you for clearing that up, honestly. :) I hate when I make comments that end up sounding ignorant.

kyleekay, from all the comments I've read from you, I've come to consider you as insightful. =] You're one of my favourite commenters, in fact! I had the same ideas about crimes of passion as you thus I am similarly grateful for the clarification. =]

unknown_user5566 26

58- Thank you, you're too kind. I'm glad you enjoy reading my comments. :)

A number of commenters suggested weapons. I was advised to have one only if I got well-trained and was willing to use it (not as easy as it sounds, and takes time and money). Otherwise, you are just giving the bad guy a handy weapon to use against you. Self-defense training is a good choice, with or without an immediate concern or further weapons training.

It was a dream, why are we jumping to conclusions that he is going to try to attack her just because she gets that vibe from him? A little overboard, don't you think? He's probably just a generally aggressive asshole.

87-those gun laws are part of the reason 12 people, including children, were murdered at the screening of the new Batman the other night.

no1hasdisid 2

It's advice. Make sure he is the one that breaks up with you and then hunt him down.

unknown_user5566 26

They are already broken up. Please reread and note the "ex" placed in front of the word "boyfriend".

saIty 17

Instead he could end up becoming a cereal killer. Better hide your Frosted Flakes just in case.

linkinpark98 23

And those Lucky Charms. I paid good money for those.

unknown_user5566 26

9- That would bring the phrase "Coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs" to a whole new level. ;)

Thats creepy. If people ever gave me that vibe, I would never talk to them, let alone date them.

Yeah you want to try to stay away from people that seem creepy, or unstable. Sometimes they just need some help but if you do something to set them off it can be very bad.

minniemutt 12

People change, in the beginning of the relationship he might have been ok.

I don't think people change that much or that they are that easy to see through at first. Take a look at narcissistic perversion

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Perhaps you should get a restraining order.... This is very creepy and you could get really hurt! :(

Donno where your from.. But where I live.. You can't get a restraining order against someone because you had bad dream about them!

95, not for the dream itself, but the dream showed her she has reasons for concern. The local police (or her lawyer, if she has one) can check if the guy has a sheet, and at least advise her on precautions.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#95- She said that it wouldn't surprise her if he did it in real life. I meant that if he was exhibiting stalker-like behavior or being otherwise creepy, THAT'S when she should take steps to protect herself. Not solely because of the dream. :P

BrysGirl27 14

Either way.....RUN BITCH RUN!:) haha