By dxl - 18/02/2009 08:55 - United States

Today, I told my parents how grateful I am for having them in my life and that not many kids are as lucky as me. My mom texted me after I went out 10 minutes later: "Are you ok? You seemed depressed earlier." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 284
You deserved it 5 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I agree, I don't understand what makes this a FML at all. What's wrong with your mom making sure you're okay?

a change in behavior pattern is a sign of depression or suicidal thoughts.

Comments

I agree, I don't understand what makes this a FML at all. What's wrong with your mom making sure you're okay?

You should be so lucky you have parents that care.

They obviously don't care enough to bother listening to OP otherwise they would know that OP appreciates their life.

a change in behavior pattern is a sign of depression or suicidal thoughts.

ya, not really FML-worthy. but i bet now you know to keep your feelings to yourself.

No, but he does know his parents love him and that he did a good thing...even if they didn't quite get that it was coming from the heart. When he tells them he feels fine, it will mean all the more to them :). Good job op! The world needs more people like you, who are not afraid to say how they feel!

Eir_fml 1

@2: wow, you don't know much about depression if you connect depression and "depressant". Depressants don't make you depressed, they slow your body's functions. Meaning it slows your brain, and your inhibitions. So you will say what you feel because of lowered inhibitions, not because it makes you depressed. I would say you're a retard, but that would be unfair. You just don't know. Ecstasy is a stimulant, and it will make you talk more about your feelings than any depressant ever could. @OP's post. I would ask the same thing in her place. Random emotion can come from saying goodbye forever, or losing good feelings from depression, and telling those you love that you love them, because you feel bad and you appreciate the feeling of love in depression.

how is that FML?? did you crap in your pants while saying it?? were your parents naked while your were saying it?? crap.... get wasted, do something shamefull and then come back with a story.

I'm tended to do this with my Mom just to see how she'll react. She'll probably think I'm being sarcastic... Damn.

thebronx 0

The same has happened to me, lol