By Anonymous - 04/07/2015 03:29 - United States - Panora

Today, I took an online IQ test, even though I knew they give everyone unrealistically high scores. My score was 73. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 650
You deserved it 5 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ScottVining 21

Maybe it was an unrealistically low score

IQ tests are just for entertainment purposes OP. The result means nothing.

Comments

ScottVining 21

Maybe it was an unrealistically low score

I think it's just trolling you. I hope so at least.

It is lower than the current temperature, let's hope you are right.

#35 the temperature where I am got up to 119 last summer. Not everyone is above 119 :)

Just blame it on the test being "unfair" or something and never tell anybody. That's what everyone else does.

The test has actually been proven to be invalid. It's still a useful sign of intelligence though.

"proven to be invalid" "still a useful sign of intelligence" ... What?

I think what he means is the iq tests have been proven to be socially biased but if you fit the typical white social standard the tests were originally made around a long tim ago it's a good sign otherwise the scores can be off

If your IQ tests ask your race or social status then I think you're taking the wrong tests...

A iq test ONLY tests your problem solving skills. That's it. OP is yet to receive a full psychological assessment from a psychiatrist.

ya, problem solving with shapes is culturally biased.

as are the people above and below this mesaage

What the **** happened to this reply thread

euphoricness 28

One time, I choked on a cucumber

Accordingly, seeing that our senses sometimes deceive us, I was willing to suppose that there existed nothing really such as they presented to us; and because some men err in reasoning, and fall into paralogisms, even on the simplest matters of geometry, I, convinced that I was as open to error as any other, rejected as false all the reasonings I had hitherto taken for demonstrations; and finally, when I considered that the very same thoughts which we experience when awake may also be experienced when we are asleep, while there is at that time not one of them true, I supposed that all the objects that had ever entered into my mind when awake, had in them no more truth than the illusions of my dreams. But immediately upon this I observed that, whilst I thus wished to think that all was false, it was absolutely necessary that I, who thus thought, should be somewhat; and as I observed that this truth, I think, therefore I am, was so certain and of such evidence that no ground of doubt, however extravagant, could be alleged by the sceptics capable of shaking it, I concluded that I might, without scruple, accept it as the first principle of the philosophy of which I was in search.

In other words... 1) The answer henceforth shall be 42,as it always has been, 2) I am neither here nor not here, 3) Whatever you're smoking is awesome and everyone should try it?

When I was a child, I sat on a banana. And that, of course, changed my life,

I saw a potato frolicking in the fields today

It's okay, you did your best! *whispers* If everyone can encourage him, he gets a bit rowdy when he's upset.

IQ tests are just for entertainment purposes OP. The result means nothing.

They mean something.... they just mean something very particular as they only judge a very narrow set of skills.

They are important you just have to be smart enough to understand why

#44, in the case of online IQ tests on entertainment websites, they are nothing more than fun tests to do while bored.

sucks to be u. Maybe u should give another go?

Those kind of quizzes are nonsense OP

it's okay those quizzes just spit out random numbers

joeyl2008 29

well you're from Iowa so that probably is an unrealistically high score.

Which website did you use? I just searched up IQ Test and took the first 2. Got scores between 120-130. I don't if that's low, but if it is, that may be because I'm 13.

ShadowlessSpear 21

Are you trying to brag or something?

i am only 5 years old and got 145, i get you #11.

Age doesn't have an effect on IQ. Also, the average IQ is 100 so that's pretty good. I'm pretty shore Genius is 160, but I could be wrong

Thanks 77 for giving me a straight answer. I just didn't know if age had anything to do with it, and no, I wasn't trying to brag.

cassiekinz 14

Your IQ *use to be* based off your intelligence level compared to your age... 100 is an average score because it means your intelligence is about what it should be for your age. A score less than 100 just means you're mental age is slightly less than your actual age and vice versa for scores over 100. So if op was taking an older test by chance, then their age does matter.