By cydia123 - 21/04/2017 11:44 - United Kingdom - Chesterfield

Today, I tried canceling my internet service. The lady on the phone had me on hold for half an hour when, all of a sudden, the call dropped. When I tried phoning back, I was informed that they closed half an hour earlier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 037
You deserved it 337

cydia123 tells us more.

Hey guys OP here and FINALLY got an fml published! Phoned them again yesterday at a more appropriate time and they just told me due to high emergency volume to phone tomorrow (as in today). If they don't cancel it today, I will go ape shit as they're still billing me :) thanks everyone!

Top comments

Well... That's one way of keeping you from cancelling.

devans00 14

The customer did nothing wrong for calling during business hours. The company has poor customer service for treating paying customers so badly.

Comments

awildwhisper 30

I guess you should have checked their business hours before calling, but at the same time she could have been nice and informed you that they are closing.

Even if they closed she should have finished the call first. Also keeping someone on hold for half an hour is ridiculous.

devans00 14

The customer did nothing wrong for calling during business hours. The company has poor customer service for treating paying customers so badly.

Unless it's a small, local internet provider, the customer service number usually connects to a call center, many of which only list their business hours on the message that plays when someone calls outside of them.

Not really, no. This is a pretty standard BS trick these creeps use to avoid doing what customers want. 1/2 hour hold time is garbage anyway, but again, a standard thing for internet gangsters.

Well... That's one way of keeping you from cancelling.

laowang 13

The importance of the theory of two number.

devans00 14

I finally learned, don't call customer service within 15 minutes of closing. The same thing happened to me several times. I bet the jerks had a nice laugh.

BT? Lol! And what do you get? "Sorry about that"

Hey guys OP here and FINALLY got an fml published! Phoned them again yesterday at a more appropriate time and they just told me due to high emergency volume to phone tomorrow (as in today). If they don't cancel it today, I will go ape shit as they're still billing me :) thanks everyone!

species4872 19

You know it may not be a good thing to have an FML published let alone continuing having situations which translates to an FML.

I know, but considering how unlikely a story will get published to the site depending on how funny people find the situation, I'm happy. Plus the internet company finally cancelled so I'm happier

elitepower 1

I’ve had the worst experiences with companies you have to phone up to deal with. I have awful service from my former internet provider and just last week swapping my mobile number. I have started asking for names and the manager if things get dragged out or difficult. It might not be a “cool” thing to do and I’d prefer not to have to but honestly in my experience, quite a lot of the problems I’ve faced can be deal with when speaking to the managers, the regular staff are just encouraged to fob you off. Case in point, last week I was told I would have to jump through several hoops to get my phone number changed and call back, spoke to the manager and had it done within ten minutes. Hope it goes well for you.

If they bill you for days after you've attempted to cancel it simply don't pay the bill.