By blazon_paradox - 17/09/2014 03:18 - United States - Dearborn

Today, I tried to scare what I thought was a stray cat away from my friend's car in our work parking garage by hitting the panic button on his keys, which did, indeed, make the creature panic. That's when I learned it was not a cat. It was a skunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 399
You deserved it 13 742

blazon_paradox tells us more.

blazon_paradox 23

In the area I live and work it's very possible that a stray cat will be less than healthy. And as I own two cats I also don't want to carry fleas or ticks home to them. Also, and mostly this I think, I don't want to be attacked by a rabid animal- Adorable kitten or otherwise.

Top comments

Pepé Le Pew doesn't like his romantic nights interrupted.

There's a question being asked trying to figure out whether cats or skunks are better at sex? Oh, Internet, you never fail to surprise.

Comments

Though you try and come up with cute idiotic puns, people here will eat it up and poop it out into negative stuff so quickly you will be terrified.

it is overused but I still liked it. but it's not as bad as " that's shitty" every time someone mentions poop.

Pepé Le Pew doesn't like his romantic nights interrupted.

There's a question being asked trying to figure out whether cats or skunks are better at sex? Oh, Internet, you never fail to surprise.

Pepe is always confusing cats and skunks, to the distress of the cats who are the objects of his affection.

Oh, then I apologize to #6 for my unnecessary sass.

Did that need to be explained? Is there someone here who has never seen Looney Tunes?

looks like a smelly situation all around because you probably would of gotten sprayed regardless. sorry op

You might want to go buy a lot of tomatoes. I hear that juiced tomatoes work like a charm for skunk odor.

weirdly_cute 11

Skunks are often mistaken for cats but you figure that out when it's to late sadly. Bathe in tomato juice it's supposed to help with the odor

Unless they make a tomato juice car wash don't think that'll help :(

sempisaviour 17

Tomato juice did not help at all when my dog and I got sprayed. It might work if there's been minimum and indirect exposure, but not direct contact.

It works if you take a bath in it and let it soak in a bit, you have to give it time to remove the particles that cause the smell. Just rubbing it on it won't work.

paramor3 23

That remote from the movie Click would have been so handy. Where's Adam Sandler's number when ya need it....

HeadlessSparrow 20

I'm sure you panicked after you realized it was a skunk!