By Anonymous - 16/05/2009 13:06 - Canada

Today, I was selected to give my speech to the entire school. I was later told it had to be censored because it was inappropriate, even though I was just trying to make a point. My speech was on political correctness. My speech on political correctness was censored for political reasons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 016
You deserved it 5 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sickofnames 0

That's what school is like. Everything has to be the status quo, bland and acceptable. I know your pain as I was almost suspended for a film project I did.

Political correctness is a crock of shit in the first place, necessitated only by the fact that we allow a bunch of annoying crybabies to make a scene every time someone says something they don't like. It's one thing to be offended by blatant racism. It's another thing to throw a fit because someone isn't conforming to the hypersensitivity USA has gotten up its own ass with. Only the most pathetic individual could be offended by "Merry Christmas."

Comments

XYZzzzzzzz 0

soumds like ur speech was gonna be gay anyway . politically correct aholes . meh

sickofnames 0

That's what school is like. Everything has to be the status quo, bland and acceptable. I know your pain as I was almost suspended for a film project I did.

UnearthlyEnemy 9

What you said REEKS of Communism. Idea! School is like Communism!!

OMG this fking happened to me!!!! I made a speech on the vulgarity of music in the 2000's and they made me CENSOR it, even though everyone would just listen to that crap in songs anyway!! UGH.

good morning everyone i will now read u my speech ......

Well, you could also mention in your speech (or at the end of your speech) that even your speech on PC had to be censored for political reasons...that would enforce your point even more! ;)

Phoenix_GAD 0

LOL my head of school made all these speeches after Obama won about how Hilary was the best and how it was amazing to have a female candidate. She said nothing about the first black prez. so yea. i know how u feel.

who cares if he's black? really, why is it a big deal that he didn't mention that?

He's not the "first black president." He's half white.

It's a big deal because of the way this country treated blacks during certain parts of history, repressing them, and now one holds the presidential office

What #3 said. So long as they are making changes to your speech, you may as well, too.

I'd just say whatever I planned on saying anyway.

Thabb 0

Well I gind it stupid how everyone voted for Obama or Clnton just cause they were female and black. Lemme say if they were both white men McCain would have won,

No, it's not just because they're different. This election I'm voting for Obama, not because he's black, but because Romney is an idiot.

Thabb 0

That's pretty stupid, but you'll have to get used to it

That sucks. I hated high school for that. No swearing, no hats, no ripped jeans, no ponytails, no talking to your friends after 11:00.. blah blah blah save the speech and wait til college.

That's the thing with political correctness, there's so many things that hardly anyone knows all of them.

IRONY...but really what's the point of allowing a speech on political correctness if they're going to censor it for political reasons??? That's about as sensible as having a bonfire sans the fire...(-_-)