By Noname - 06/03/2009 21:24 - United States

Today, I went for a job interview on my birthday. I had on a shirt and a tie on and I had my Blackberry in my pocket. I was running a little late, so I dashed outside. When I came out of the door, a bunch of my buddies screamed HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and poured Gatorade all over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 790
You deserved it 3 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, if you were applying for a job at a Gatorade factory, this wouldn't have been so bad.

ummmyeahhh 0

good luck with the interview... and happy birthday? don't kill your friends, they meant the best for you.

Comments

OUCH! Brutal... hope you got the job... most employers are understanding. It can be intimidating to interview but if you explain it was your birthday and so on and so forth, I can't see how they'd hold it against you.

Well, if you were applying for a job at a Gatorade factory, this wouldn't have been so bad.

JocelynKaulitz 28

If anything, it'd be in the spirit!

ummmyeahhh 0

good luck with the interview... and happy birthday? don't kill your friends, they meant the best for you.

tell this story to your interviewer and win some brownie points. i'm sure he's a fan of fmylife.com by now :)

may_cause_fail 0
aliii_ 0
Flora_fml 6

Sucks for you, but it's also pretty awesome that you have a group of friends that are that thoughtful to remember your birthday. I spent last year's birthday by my ******* self because all my friends had "other things to do" like watch TV...

My_Little_Pony 0

-Gaaaaaaaaaaaatorade. -H20 -Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatorade -H20 H20 -Water sucks, it really really sucks

cheshireau 26
alex_vik 0

Why would they pour Gatorade all over you? That would just piss me off, even if I was just in normal* clothes. *Normal being nice jeans and a $30+ dress shirt. I always wear semi-casual.

marris 0

How would you friends have known when you were going to come out of the house? did they camp out there all morning?