By AAnonymous - 05/11/2014 13:57 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, my ex sent me a pack of beer to screw with me. I'm still going to AA, and I thought I was almost over it. Five bottles later, I realized I'm not. We didn't break up over my drinking, either; it was because after just 2 weeks of dating, she threatened to kill herself if I didn't marry her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 150
You deserved it 4 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow, your ex is a psycho... stay strong OP. You can do it!

Well, it's a good thing that you're not in that relationship anymore. She sounds more toxic than alcoholism.

Comments

You can't just "get over" alcoholism. Keep going to the meetings, be surrounded by people who love you, and you'll do great :)

Clever title name, OP. Hope you feel better soon, stay strong!

She is a psycho bitch that thrives on attention. In your position with trying to clean yourself up, you need to separate yourself from someone who can't take that seriously. Leave her dumbass. It's only been a couple weeks and I'll bet anything she will NOT kill herself.

I read this wrong and can't delete my comment...or explain myself with a reply to my own comment. Fml.

skittyskatbrat 19

Wow. Be glad you ditched that crazy bitch. And huge congrats on AA!!! too many people are in denial about being alcoholics, sounds like you are on the right track. Best of luck staying dry from here on out! BTW, next time, you can send her a bunch of chocolates. Have them delivered. Then the next day, send a text asking how fat she is now. ;-) If you want to spend more money, signing her up for some fashion magazines and giving her a promotional card for a free visit to a gym are also great ideas. A book on social skills, preferably with a title like "How not to sound like an idiot" is another good idea for a present. Chances are excellent that she's hyper-concerned with appearance and what others think, that's fairly normal with psycho bitches. Even if she is pretty and skinny and seems very personable and has good skin, a few comments and "gifts" can make her think otherwise. It shouldn't take much effort on your part to screw with her and teach her that being a bitch to others can rebound and rebound BADLY. And the next guy, she might think twice about doing something destructive!!! It's like burning your hand and learning not to grab a pan barehanded. Make it nasty enough and over a long enough period of time and she'll not only leave you alone, she may learn not to be an evil ****. :)

His ex did this because she wants his attention so badly she's willing to try to drag him down into alcoholism. Opening contact again with her even just for "revenge" is going to tell her that if she does something terrible enough, she can get a reaction from him and get back into being a part of his life. Which doesn't seem like something any normal person would find appealing, but OP's ex isn't a normal person. The best thing anyone can do with someone like that is refuse to engage and stay as far, far away from them as possible.

skittyskatbrat 19

Having dealt with a situation similar to this (but NOT the alcoholic-sort, just the evil-sort doing anything for attention) you have to burn them, badly. They'll stalk and cause problems for months unless you really, really, really make it a painful experience for them. I was the very last person the guy in question did this to. After being told nicely, then firmly, then angrily, to knock it off... I got evil. And he learned that actions have consequences, sometimes really severe ones. I likely saved a lot of people a lot of grief just by taking off the kid gloves and giving back BETTER than I got, and almost 20 years later I have zero regrets...except that I did not do so sooner.

What did you do? I bet everyone is curious about your revenge-story :)

Honestly I'd send the bitch a rope and tell her to find a chair to screw with her back.

well then how is she still around to send you beer?

Lol I'm from Utah as well. This really doesn't surprise me at all! lol

sh4wn 8

Sorry to hear about your relapse OP, but glad you are alive to tell on yourself. Relapse is NOT a part of recovery, but it happens in recovery. I myself relapsed back in January and it was like a ******* 2x4 to my face in many ways. I hope you got yourself to a meeting, and did what it is that needs to be done. Hang in, and feel free to send me a pm if you want.

Just a little slip up...that's what AA is for... Now your ex I am not sure how to help you with that