By Candy - 20/05/2010 12:37 - United States

Today, my mom bought me some expensive Japanese candy. I opened it, and saw that each chewy candy was wrapped in a thin, hard to peel off wrapper. After trying to get each wrapper off, I determined they were unopen-able and threw them away. I then read the box, saying the wrappers were edible. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 352
You deserved it 56 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope your mom popped you in the head for throwing away that expensive candy.

Comments

It's more than a dollar per box. I've seen little boxes for quite a bit, but they're a lot better if they come from Japan instead of being the import that you see in stores here. I personally love it, but I only eat a little at a time. Oh, and by the way, Botan Rice Candy can only really be bought around the Kyoto area. I've looked and looked, and it's only a regional thing. So if they really did come from Japan, good luck finding the same ones here. But otherwise, you could probably find them at a World Market or some place like that.

To the boneheads saying he deserved it: Wow really? Stop ******* flaming him; you would've probably done the same thing. I've never heard of wrapper that is edible and I'm sure you haven't either. And not many people read the back of the box either for extra "info" so gtfo.

Just because you never heard of it doesn't mean NOBODY has.

ninaaloveee 0
adaliapeace 3

@#141 No, maybe not, but also the OP is probably lying about it being expensive. The only Japanese candy I have ever seen with an edible wrapper is Botan Rice Candy, which is sold at my local grocery store for a dollar a box. Sooo OP, you deserved it anyway and you're full of sh*t, or else you paid way too much for that candy and thus you still deserved it.

yukonesian 0

expensive my ass they're like .50 a box.

@148 - Yes! If it's Botan Rice Candy it's CHEAP. Tasty, but cheap.

duckie227 22

those silly Japanese. what will they think of next?