By Anonymous - 03/10/2016 14:09 - United States - East Brunswick

Today, while working the Sunday rush at the deli, I held up a piece of ham to a blind customer and asked him if it was thick enough. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 210
You deserved it 3 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It happens. Common actions are hard to break the habit of. You didn't do it on purpose and I'm sure they weren't offended.

That's it, OP. He's recorded your name into his dictaphone, and you'll be the subject of much criticism at their next meeting. The blind will work together to come up with a suitable punishment for your unforgivable faux pas.

Comments

It happens. Common actions are hard to break the habit of. You didn't do it on purpose and I'm sure they weren't offended.

JMichael 25

Too be honest I might have done the same thing out of habit myself.

Mistakes happen, especially during a rush. You probably could've played it off by handing it to the customer and letting them try it.

At least he likely did not notice you holding it up to him.

Well, Did end up asking him to feel your meat?

That's it, OP. He's recorded your name into his dictaphone, and you'll be the subject of much criticism at their next meeting. The blind will work together to come up with a suitable punishment for your unforgivable faux pas.

Yarecho 14

I don't know... Was it thick enough?

George W Bush once waved at Stevie Wonder, and he was arguably the most powerful man in the world at one time. I think you'll be okay.

He also told a blind reporter off for wearing sunglasses in a White House press conference not realising he was blind. He did take some stick for that one.

You should have flapped it around like you were waving a flag. He could have heard how thick it was.

-cue wet, meaty slapping sounds as the ham flops against itself- "Sounds pretty thick. Let's call it good."

These might be the most unintentionally sexual comments I've read. I'm… I'm not complaining. What else should the OP do with their meat? Ooh, what if it's TOO thick?!

HighasaCloud 46

#30 - What do you mean Unintentionally? This FML is in the "intimacy" category for a reason