You sure it was your birthday?

By Anonymous - 04/02/2021 04:53

Today, it was my birthday. My partner of 9 years, and father of my two children, bought me a set of headphones for him to use on the treadmill. Didn’t wrap them, didn’t say happy birthday to me, didn’t tell my kids it was my birthday and worked on the yard all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 141
You deserved it 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

That's what children do. They buy gifts for someone that they really want for themselves. Because they're young and only think about themselves mostly at that age. So the fact your grown-ass husband is doing it says a lot about him.

Happy Birthday ! Oh sh*t. I am sorry for you, what he did was a douche move. Did he openly say "Oh yeah the headphones are actually for me."? Is it the first this has happened? Because this could be a big red flag. I suppose you could do the same thing during his birthday: buy something that only you would use, ignore the fact this is his birthday etc.

Comments

Happy Birthday ! Oh sh*t. I am sorry for you, what he did was a douche move. Did he openly say "Oh yeah the headphones are actually for me."? Is it the first this has happened? Because this could be a big red flag. I suppose you could do the same thing during his birthday: buy something that only you would use, ignore the fact this is his birthday etc.

tounces7 27

That's what children do. They buy gifts for someone that they really want for themselves. Because they're young and only think about themselves mostly at that age. So the fact your grown-ass husband is doing it says a lot about him.

cawsmom 3

Happy birthday to us. Feb 3rd was my bday as well. My partner of 11 years never remembers. Even though I always remember Fathers Day, his bday, Christmas etc. I buy for him from me and the kids. He has never bought me 1 gift. I finally donated my Christmas stocking because in the 11 years, it has never occurred to him to put mine up with his and the kids. And yes, I fill his stocking after he goes to sleep and a gift under the tree. I stopped joining them for Christmas morning. I'm done being the photographer for all their moments. I'm in 1 photo by myself from 10 years ago. I'm always behind the camera.

Why the hell are you still in this marriage? And letting your husband teach your kids to continually disrespect their mom as well? SMH.

cawsmom 3

The children are in high school now so they understand that I have hurt feelings. And they respect my choices in how I deal with them. As for the marriage; I am still with him because his ability to remember dates and give gifts is not a marriage ender. He remembers the most important people during their development as children. I hope the children learn from example that giving is more important than receiving. I have always handled not receiving with grace. 2020 was not the kindest year all around. I need to sit down with my husband and share my feelings. I take responsibility in part. It's just easier to complain without the long full background included in my griping. 🙂