Yummy

By Sisi - 29/08/2016 16:49 - United States - Mesa

Today, my roommate left a bomb looking package of cookies on the kitchen counter. My sweet tooth got the best of me and I made that split second decision of, "Oh, I'll just have one." Halfway through it, I noticed the fine print, "For dogs" on the package. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 518
You deserved it 11 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a lesson to not eat what is not yours, without permission OP. I also do not know how you did not realize it was for dogs just by the taste..

That's what you get for taking what doesn't belong to you. And I guess you'll eat anything... gross. lol

Comments

Sounds like the real life equivalence of Scooby Snacks... if anything you can start up the mystery gang and get a talking dog to eat them with! Don't feel too bad though OP, alot of dog treats taste extremely similar to our food because let's face it, dogs like the taste of our food better than theirs. FYL.

If dog snacks taste good enough that you eat half of them then I guess you deserve it.

I think when the op said "half way through it" they meant half way through one cookie, not half the package.

species4872 19

And now your gonna chase cars. Woof.

What is the difference? I mean are there different ingredients for dogs? Or are they not baked properly? Did they use no name sugar instead of the branded, organic one? Did they have road kill in it??? So many questions.

To answer seriously: yes, specialized cookies, made for dogs, have different ingredients. Most use peanut butter instead of other binding ingredients, and use special flour, if they use flower at all. And way less sugar than would be used in a human cookie recipe.

But they would still be edible? Like for human consumption? If yes, why call them canine cookies? They are just a different way of making a cookie, right? Like a lot of vegetarians I know don't like to add eggs in their cakes. The diabetics amongst them, don't add sugar, and amongst those vegetarian diabetics there are those trying to cut calories as they're on a diet, so no butter (add margerine) and no cream icing (I don't know what substitute they use there) but they still call the No sugar, No butter, No egg and no icing thing a Cake! Personally, I don't know how it's still a Cake and I wouldn't feed that to the dogs but still, it's not labeled as canine cake...

Basically it's labeled "canine" for the same reason that vegetarian and vegan foods are labeled as being vegetarian or vegan. It's supposed to be a quick way to say "yes, you can feed this to your dog without them suffering negative effects," or in the case of vegans/vegetarians, a quick way of saying "yes, you can eat this." As to whether humans can eat "canine" marketed baked goods- most likely, yes. Humans CAN (and do, in some instances) live off of dog kibble, so specialty foods that probably use higher grade ingredient than some mass produced human food producers? Very likely to be edible to humans. Maybe not very tasty, by our standards, but probably safe to eat, and close enough in consistency and baking process to be labeled a cookie or biscuit. I mean, I'd have to see a full ingredient list to say 100% "yes, this is a human and canine safe cookie," but it is pretty likely. As for whether something that has an altered recipe can be considered a "true" version of hat food- there are as many recipe variants as there have been humans. Some taste different, but barring a panel of certified chefs getting together and challenging a recipe being considered a specific food, it's best to just agree it is said food. Also, it isn't really the eggs or even butter that's the issue, so much as the flour and flavorings like vanilla.

At first I thought you thought the package looked like a bomb and that you opened it anyways. (Who calls things "bomb" anymore?)

cootiequeen4444 11

90s kids stuck in the 90s maybe?

I suspect you make a habit of eating your roommate's food and that this was by way of retaliation. (Seriously, half?)

countryb_cth 38

OP meant half of the cookie not half of the package.

It's a good thing you don't have a good allergy if you're that inattentive.

All I can take from this is that you need to update your radical vocabulary there, duderino. Seriously though, "bomb looking"?