Happy International Workers' Day!

By engineerdude91 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I realized the benefits at Burger King are better than at my company. I'm an engineer, have three degrees, speak three languages fluently, and work at a multi-billion dollar company. The guy flipping burgers has better health care and more corporate 401k contributions than I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 763
You deserved it 4 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

Are you stupid? The guy at BK brings home MAYBE 17k a year. I worked full time at Walgreens, and yeah, that's my yearly gross income. I actually got a paycheck of about $1000 a month. Full time. You make, what, 50k at least? That guy at BK would have to have 30k worth of benefits to even equal what you get. Get over yourself, OP. You worked hard to get where you are, and believe it or not, you're fairly compensated. If it's so bad being in your job, then why not get a job at BK? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Maybe you should apply for a job at Burger King then.

Comments

ThatLooksSticky 16

You can probably afford to pay for healthcare out of pocket, while the BK flipper cannot. Quit bitching and enjoy your money.

The one civil engineer I dated turned out to be a stuck-up jerk. Thought he was better than everyone else.

aww poor baby. who's making like twenty times more than huh?? your fault.

And you think that Burger King isn't a multi-billion dollar company? Obviously not that clever.

hghiPigh 0

boohoohoo cry me a river... engineers get paid so much (way too much for not knowing any math)...won't kill u to pay for ur own healthcare plan.

you can thank our retarded president for that.

hghiPigh 0

you are aware that bush's reign is over right?