Love language

By upupandaway - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I spent two hours perfecting a really romantic text message to my boyfriend for our one year anniversary. I listed all the things I loved about him, and recalled some of our best times together. Two minutes after I sent it, he replied, "Huh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 778
You deserved it 10 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DontModMeDammit 10

It's a text, never say anything meaningful in a text.

Comments

Typical. Guys never understand the mushy stuff, not the be stereotypical but if you told him you wanted to have sex he would've listened.

pinkcrayola 0

Why didnt you write him a letter or call him? Or even better, say it in person!

CassieMarieee 7

YDI for spending two hours on a text.

I wouldn't spend two hours on a text. I did something similar for my boyfriend on our 1 year, but I wrote it all out on a piece of paper. Spending two hours composing a text message is a bit overkill to me. :)

"Romantic text message" sounds like a major oxymoron. Professing your undying love and devotion, reminiscing on treasured memories...via text message. Yeah that sounds really romantic.

We are guys, we romance in quotes, not full payments

For those who say she shouldn't say it in a text, maybe they cannot see each other everyday, long distance relationship, you don't know her life, so don't judge so fast...

How about a phone call? A letter? VIDEO CHAT? Anything other than a ******* text message.

34, Get over it. What works for you doesn't apply to everyone else. Personally, I'd think it showed a poor use of imagination, but otherwise who cares what format it's in? A normal person could still distinguish the point intended.

^ the very idea of a "romantic text message" is completely ridiculous. You want to show someone you love them? Texting them is not the way you do it. It's pathetic. I don't need to "get over" anything. And a "normal person" would not spend two hours writing a text message.

@42 - Obviously you've never been in love.

I'm in a long distance relationship and I wouldn't send my girlfriend an anniversary text. I saved up every spare penny I had to go visit her over Christmas and to spend our anniversary with her. Who the hell pulls that texting shit for something important?

34 I agree with you and those to just needs to grow a brain.

raney150 0

Not everyone likes phone calls, and not everyone has the ability to video call. If they can't see each other that day then a letter wouldn't work either.

husky22 0

he obviously wanted something a little more then a text

Oh god. I have totally lost faith in people. How about you GO SEE YOUR BOYFRIEND IN PERSON and tell him. Hell, even a phone call would have been better. Who spends two hours on a damn text message? This can't be a mature, serious relationship.

My girlfriend's parents are overly controlling and won't let us get together. Chances to talk on the phone are rare. For the same reason, I'm afraid any letters I wrote would be intercepted. We send a lot of meaningful text messages and celebrated our one year anniversary last month. The way the message is sent isn't as important as what it contains.

^ while you were writing your post, did you realise how ridiculous you sound? Seriously? You must be quite young if her parents still control her like that. I'm sorry, but if you guys aren't ALLOWED to see each other, talk on the phone or send letters...well...that's not a relationship. You say you celebrated your one year anniversary last month. Did you get to see her for this celebration?

We're sixteen. We see each other at school, but outside of that, it's rare. And yes, I was able to see her that day. Our relationship is just as real and just as serious as that of anyone else.

Clamcreepy 7

62- goodluck bro. Keep it real, its hard now but it will get easier as soon as the times right. If shes the one dont let her go even if her padres are being impossible.

Michael_92 20

@57 Okay that was just really rude and quite stupid to say. Some people can make things work with that they have. If all you happen to have is texting at your disposal do be it. Just because they don't see each other all the time doesn't mean its not serious or not mature okay? @62 glad to hear it works for you! Hopefully soon her parents well lighten up and you can see her! Anyway don't let people like the girl here make you think any different. I'm guessing your relationship is way better than anything she's been in with her level of rudeness being a factor.

blacksswan 10

#57 ; I am sending a falcon punch your way >|. That was extremely rude of you to say that. @risako I wish you & your girl the best of luck :) I am sure everything will work out in the end. It will take time, but it most definitely will. Don't let people like #52 get you down. They have nothing better to do but to shove harsh words & opinions down other people throat.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it a lot. Sincerely.

Ok so I am on your side but if her parents are that controlling they can check the phone carrier to see EXACTLY who she is texting/calling. Its not even an extra feature just go to the carrier website and login as the person whose name is on the contract. Doesn't matter the age of the phone owner either if you're on the contract and over 18 they can still see it. Legally it not a privacy violation because they are the ones who directly pay the carrier even if you give them money to do it. Sooo ""_('-')_/""

I have a feeling this 2-hour brainstorming session culminated with "omg i luv ur hair n bod n stuff..i luv u 4eva!" Hence, his response. Instead, in those two hours you could have had mind-blowing phone sex with him. Twice.

A100893 30

It's more than you'll ever get.

nickkingcool 0