Bleak expectations

By Anonymous - 31/03/2023 18:00

Today, I finally realized that my husband doesn't love me, but loves the concept of marriage, as many Christians come to love to appease whoever they must. This is destroying the marriage I envisioned for us and building one of regret, resentment, and even hate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 865
You deserved it 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is really common especially with Mormons. Since getting married in the temple is a very high priority check list item. It's the only way to get into super heaven.

Comments

This is really common especially with Mormons. Since getting married in the temple is a very high priority check list item. It's the only way to get into super heaven.

I grew up in a Christian family and church. It is not normal to marry someone just to be married unless there is something else going on… One of the pastors our church had was eventually discovered to be both gay and to have a preference for boys (not men). This came out as the result of an “incident”. My Mom was friends with his wife and and I heard them on the phone plus she told me about their conversation. OP’s situation reminds me of how things were in that particular marriage… There are a variety of reasons why someone might have either a sham or deceptive marriage - Mostly often to be accepted within a specific community that emphasizes heterosexual marriage. It’s unfortunate for everyone involved that sometimes this leads to lies and deceit - inevitably people get hurt… OP I suggest looking and listening closely and you may figure out what is going on. Then I advise having an honest conversation with husband about your expectations. You may also need to see a counselor to help you figure out what comes next.

so leave. The Christian God supposedly loves you, the whole concept of eternal punishment for leaving an unhappy relationship is ridiculous. You deserve to be happy