Contagion

By Anonymous - 26/12/2020 05:02

Today, after bronchitis and a negative COVID test, I finally went back into my classroom for the last day before break. An hour after I got home, a parent contacted me to let me know her child (whom I helped all day) had tested positive and that I needed to quarantine. She thought I would, "want to know." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 034
You deserved it 77

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

you realize that wearing a mask does not mean you don't need to quarantine if exposed, right?

Yummi_913 18

The bitch knew her child was waiting on results and STILL let them leave the house?? Why are so many people so god damn stupid?!

Comments

you, most likely other students and teachers... if they got the call late into the day it sucks but at least they let you know... if they knew and chose to let their kid be at school, they are shitty parents and people. but at least you know and can react accordingly, even if it does ruin your break, you wont accidentally run the risk of infecting others.

You didn’t wear a mask while in school? My kids school makes them wear masks for this very reason.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

you realize that wearing a mask does not mean you don't need to quarantine if exposed, right?

Why is "want to know" in quotes? You would set off the words in quotes if they were especially unusual. The sentence means the exact same thing without the quotes.

It’s called a quote. The appropriately placed comma before the quotation marks shows that.

I'm not questioning the grammar -- I'm objecting to the usage. Why did she have to directly quote "want to know" when a paraphrase would have been the same? If the mom had said it in a dismissive or sarcastic way, that would have been a good usage of quotes. "Hey, fun fact: my kid has covid -- sucks to be you. Toodles!"

Yummi_913 18

The bitch knew her child was waiting on results and STILL let them leave the house?? Why are so many people so god damn stupid?!