Control freak

By Anonymous - 09/10/2019 13:00 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, after over a month of planning, my friend had to cancel her first night out in over a year. Why? Because her "perfect" fiancé didn't want to, and started sulking when she tried to, so decided to put off letting her go out for a few more months. Apparently, it's my fault this happens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 622
You deserved it 147

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That’s called abuse. He’s trying to isolate her from her support system so he can abuse and control her, and without a support system or people to tell her what’s wrong she’ll stay trapped. Please tell her what’s up before it’s too late!

Madison Gliosci 16

It sounds like your friend is in an abusive relationship

Comments

Madison Gliosci 16

It sounds like your friend is in an abusive relationship

That’s called abuse. He’s trying to isolate her from her support system so he can abuse and control her, and without a support system or people to tell her what’s wrong she’ll stay trapped. Please tell her what’s up before it’s too late!

If she has a "perfect" fiancé, you are dead to her. Move on and find someone else to hang out with.

puma15 8

What she needs is someone who needs to remind her that he is a manipulative asshole who she needs to leave.

"letting" her go out? She needs to get out before she can't. That is abusive.

Get her out before he does more than prevent her from hanging out with her friends. That dude is a psychopath.

Sonotsuave 35

Letting her go out? No nah no. There’s something quite wrong there. It shouldn’t be a privilege or a burden to go hang out with friends.

Mungolikecandy 19

"Letting her go out"? He has that much control over her? That is worrying.

If not abuse, it's certainly a sign of issues that are only going to continue. One of my closest friends married a guy who is clingy and wants her to do everything for him. He'll call several times while we're out, wanting to know how much longer she'll be because he's bored without her. And then he'll call to ask her to order a pizza for him. She's finally started to call him out on his behaviour, but it's been almost 10 years of this crap.

Traveling_Book 9

Just playing devils advocate here, but is it possible she blamed him because she didn’t really want to go out and hurt your feelings? Sounds like you guys hadn’t been out in quite a while so maybe she just decided to flake at the last minute.

bullsonyourface 20

dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap. hire hit to kill fiance. your friend will be sad for a while but it's better than what he's gonna put her through in the long run. jerk offs like that don't deserve existence but really, you need to have a serious conversation with your friend regarding his controlling and psychotic behavior, she's not gonna wanna listen but this is a talk you need to have. she's blinded by this seemingly perfect relationship and probably doesn't know what a healthy one really looks like be a true friend and give her some tough love there's no reason she shouldn't be "allowed" to be in anyone else's presence than his.