Critique

By mylifeeee - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, in art class, we finally did the critique of the self portraits we've been working on for a month. We critiqued a few and got to mine. Everyone was silent then finally, one girl says "I'm just going to be blunt. It doesn't look like you. You're not that pretty." Everyone nodded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 566
You deserved it 5 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is so horrible. I swear people don't have filters anymore. Nobody knows how to keep their mouths shut.

You should have told her to go **** herself. and that she should have drawn a **** in her mouth to accurately portray herself. -A

Comments

This is so horrible. I swear people don't have filters anymore. Nobody knows how to keep their mouths shut.

I'm sure you're a lovely girl, people are just assholes nowadays. Plus, you're a great artist too. =D

BlockOfRedStone 25

The art project was probably about accuracy. Blemishes, freckles, slightly larger than normal noses, uneven eyebrows - ALL of that should be included. It sucks but OP should follow the contours and shade it accurately. What's great about doing self portraits in art class is that sometimes you notice things about yourself that you've never noticed before. Seeing as the entire class agreed, the OP messed up.

blackberry92 0

she's just jealous...of your artwork That was harsh too. I'm sorry. In these days, people have no hearts for other people.

Why should people lie? Everyone was silent and the OP wanted a critque. She got what she wanted and the girl spoke the truth if everyone nodded there head.

97 is right. Chances are she drew what she wanted to see. Not what was actually there.

for your information everyone tends to see themselves as more attractive than they actually are (unless you have that disease were you see yourself as uglier) if they don't it will be much more difficult for the human species to reproduce.

Seeing yourself prettier than you are? You're putting this as some kind of evolution thing. How long have mirrors existed now? A few hundred years?

You should have told her to go **** herself. and that she should have drawn a **** in her mouth to accurately portray herself. -A

LittleLulu_fml 0

Jealous. Jealous of how you look in real life and your skills. Try not to take it to heart, I'm sure you look great! Remember, if you get knocked down, get up again cause no one's gonna bring you down! and I agree with #13!

#13 "sorry but your picture doesnt look like you either... where is the **** in your mouth and the cum in your eye?" classical.

#5 and #13 are winnars how could anyone say you deserve this? dayum

you should have told her you were going to kick her ass