Don't get it

By Anonymous - 09/05/2015 19:17 - United States - Bristol

Today, my fiancée called off our wedding at the last moment, because her neurotic sister thinks she's "too fat" to be the maid of honor, and says she needs several months to lose weight. So that's a few thousand dollars wasted. My fiancée says I'm "overreacting" and that I "just don't get it". FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 240
You deserved it 3 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a sign. Run now while you can.

Ask your fiancée why she didn't just tell her sister she looked great and that she wasn't fat instead of non verbally agreeing with her sisters thought by giving her time to lose weight.

Comments

hey, you don't "get" her calling off the wedding, maybe she doesn't "get" married.

No ones going to be looking at her anyway.

Why did this even get any thumbs down? Do you go to a wedding to look at the maid of honor? No. You go to watch the bride and groom get married.

leogachi 15

While I agree with your original comment, I don't get why you care that people are down voting it. It's not a big deal.

Well I got an inbox saying "what do you mean no one will be looking at the bride" So I just explained myself a bit better for those who didn't understand a clearly understandable comment.

Naw, you got a PM because you're cute. Your comment wasn't hard to understand - they just wanted an excuse to talk to you.

I was thinking that. No one cares about the maid of honour, its the bride's big day. But maybe I "just don't get it" either.

leogachi 15

Ah. It makes sense now. The most confusing part about it is how anyone could possibly misunderstand what you meant.

If you're narcissistic enough to expect or even let your sister call off her wedding because you feel like you need to lose weight, then you're narcissistic enough to believe that people will be there to look at you. Some people just can't accept that not everything is about them.

Don't ever try to understand girls. Most of the time we don't even know why we do things.

91hayek 31

lol she's siding with her family over you, over something she thinks is trivial to you. How do you think its going to be when you are married? Don't be a muppet, sort this out now.

"Don't be a muppet" might be my new favorite phrase.

Women insecurities I get, but who's to say the sister will even lose the weight in the first place? You've spent energy planning for this wedding, saving up the money, and the two of you have probably even planned the date according to some special moment in the relationship etc, and this stunt the sister is pulling is incredibly selfish. A wedding is about two people. Not her. I agree with previous posters - this is an incredibly big red flag when someone chooses to blindly accept their sisters insecurity over a lifetime partner and finances.

At least her sister didn't crash her instructors car inside the parking lot

Remember that when you marry someone, you marry their family as well... So good luck! I can only imagine how frustrated I would be in your situation

You dodged a bullet. Run while you can. You can always make more money to recoup your losses. If your "fiance" is going to cancel your wedding over the attention-seeking rants of her sister, then what else will she cancel at the last minute? Will she say that she (or any of her family) just can't stand a house the day after the settlement period of purchase so you can't back out and are slugged with paying for the entire thing? Buy a new car and her sister hates it so it just sits in the driveway and rots? Or her sister moves in and gets the biggest bedrooom and you get to live in the basement? This is just a stunt to exercise control over you. If her sister was fat, she knew it and unless you organised a wedding in a super short period of time, she had plenty of time to lose her lard arse and multiple chins. She just didn't do it because they wanted to upstage you on that day.