Late stage capitalism

By Stupidtechnology - 29/10/2022 10:00

Today, being poor and starving, I stole a chick’s iPhone while she wasn’t looking. Turns out, she has a feature on her Apple Watch that can track the iPhone and make it go off, even if it’s on silent mode. I had to pretend I just found it and was looking for the owner so I didn’t look like a thief. FML
I agree, your life sucks 133
You deserved it 2 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reality check: being poor and starving doesn't make you entitled to steal from others, and you're extremely lucky you didn't actually get caught. Remember this.

You know what? **** you. You could have offered to wash her car in return for a meal. People keep their whole lives on their phones. Maybe she has her whole business on her phone and now clients can't get hold of her and she is going to lose a whole lot of business because of you. You don't know what her circumstances are. Maybe she saved up and used her last money to buy that phone. She definitely worked hard for it. I hope you get arrested and get your shit rearranged in jail every day.

Comments

Reality check: being poor and starving doesn't make you entitled to steal from others, and you're extremely lucky you didn't actually get caught. Remember this.

You know what? **** you. You could have offered to wash her car in return for a meal. People keep their whole lives on their phones. Maybe she has her whole business on her phone and now clients can't get hold of her and she is going to lose a whole lot of business because of you. You don't know what her circumstances are. Maybe she saved up and used her last money to buy that phone. She definitely worked hard for it. I hope you get arrested and get your shit rearranged in jail every day.

Ok, well she's not going to lose business now that our thief of an OP was ratted out and forced to "return" it, so that point's moot. Otherwise, agreed.

Did you ask her to borrow it to post this FML before pretending to look for her Ms. poor and starving? If you're down in the dumps, be honest and look for some work. Do freelance work and get a minimum wage job, and go to soup kitchens for food. There's McDonald's almost everywhere so maybe work there and eat there during your breaks. Don't do dumbshit that annoys others and can result in jail time.

tiptoppc 19

Feed you to the existing cell mates, right?

if your going to steal something steal food if you have to. almost all phones have tracking on them. so do computers and tablets and any electronics that are worth something.

At the OP I just got an iPhone because I can barely see and they have better accessibility. I had to use all of my money just to get this. Not all of us have enough money to be able to afford the theft prevention that you can attach to an iPhone because it’s so expensive.

im not going to get into the huge legal problem here... But where I'm from, you don't steal things from people. If we steal we steal from companies, and corporations. need food, hit a grocery store. clothes, Walmart. cash, sell something you boost from a store. but never from actual human beings. companies insure all their stuff and most people get stealing for need, but... get a job. burger flipping isn't great, but it's money. a cleaning toilets can pay alright depending where you live. go work in a factory, some are pretty alright places. I make decent money, have a few years now. find a work path, climb as high as possible and remember that the working class is all pretty ****** we don't need it made worse by our own kind who hasn't learned to respect their fellow classmates.

Simple solution - GET A JOB. Literally everyone is begging for workers, and many minimum-wage places are offering sign-on bonuses and even higher starting wages because they're so desperate. Stealing from someone else is NOT okay. And what was your plan? To sell someone else's phone, which would have to be completely wiped to hide the original owner's identity? I doubt a second-hand iPhone would even be worth enough to get through a month.