Question time

By Anonymous - 19/06/2021 17:00 - United Kingdom - Swansea

Today, I'm constantly checking my emails to see if any of the jobs have got back to me, but nothing yet. There's this one place I really want to work at, and I've already sent a follow-up email for the job, and it's driving me crazy that I haven't heard anything. What should I do? FML
I agree, your life sucks 740
You deserved it 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tc201002 11

I agree go speak to the manager/hiring manager. Also make sure you’re checking your spam/junk folder as well to make sure emails for jobs aren’t going there

KookieLove666 15

Go there in person and ask to speak to the manager/hiring manager and request the status of your resume or application. Bring a copy of your resume to hand them to show your interested and to put a face with the application.

Comments

KookieLove666 15

Go there in person and ask to speak to the manager/hiring manager and request the status of your resume or application. Bring a copy of your resume to hand them to show your interested and to put a face with the application.

tc201002 11

I agree go speak to the manager/hiring manager. Also make sure you’re checking your spam/junk folder as well to make sure emails for jobs aren’t going there

depending on what sector it is, as you have already chased, i wouldnt go in person or write another followup- from my pov it looks like a no since no one keeps a potential good candidate waiting for days,

(1) Review your resume and prior communications carefully, make absolutely sure your contact information is accurate. (2) Check you spam email folder and your phone’s blocked list, make sure you haven’t accidentally blocked them. I would not go there in person to make a fuss - Unless the job is a sales type job where that sort of personality is expected or rewarded. Not all job applications and interviews work out. Job offers get made when the employer thinks there is a good fit between their needs and the applicant’s skills and personality. Sometimes things change for the prospective employer between the time of the interview and the time for the hiring decision. Sometimes we have a mistaken impression of how the interview came off - There have been times I eventually learned that I made a better impression than I thought I had and the opposite has also happened. If you have followed up by phone with the hiring manager asking if there is anything else they want to ask or discuss to make the hiring decision, then you have done all you can. Don’t rely exclusively on emails as they can be inadvertently blocked or labeled as “spam” on either end. In the meanwhile continue to apply for other positions and keep your options open until you have a written offer from someone that is acceptable - You may find a better fit.

It_gets_better 19

I'm in the exact same situation, OP. I hope it works out for you!