Riveting

By jobless - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I fell asleep during a job interview, while it was taking place over the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 850
You deserved it 30 838

Top comments

Interviewer: And what would you say are your best qualities? OP: Oh, I'm very attentive and enthusiastic! And I'm also very... Interviewer: Very what? OP: ...very... Interviewer: Hello? OP: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz *click*

How does one do that. How do you fall asleep during an interview? Are you not interested at all?

Comments

How does one do that. How do you fall asleep during an interview? Are you not interested at all?

Probably by being a combination of tired and bored, I used to work in a call centre and i fell asleep in the middle of a call...I decided to leave before they sacked me for that but i can understand how it happened to the OP.

Let me act it out for you: Interviewer: alright, everything checks out, we have deemed you worthy of this position. Anything you would like to say? Op: mmm snort muh...mom.. I'm up, I'm up..ffzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Interviewer: why, of all the... How dare you... You shall never show your face in this line of work ever again! Why, no words can express how I feel about you right now... You ... You.. You pig! *slams down phone* Op: what what???? Omg f£&(@:/?!%€# Edit: d'oh, did not see docbastard's comment... But, good to know great minds think alike lol

Maybe it was an interview for narcoleptics anonymous.

Well if it's a job interview for a sleep study OP is a shoe in!

It take great skill and years of training from the top universities to fail to that extend. Yes, you literally have to practice to be able to fail at such a professional level.

Well, it sounds like something I would do

Interviewer: And what would you say are your best qualities? OP: Oh, I'm very attentive and enthusiastic! And I'm also very... Interviewer: Very what? OP: ...very... Interviewer: Hello? OP: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz *click*

NoisyNykkii 10

Doc is doing Noor's job? Noor should do Doc's job!

RedPillSucks 31

This just in..... Doc beats Noor Read all about it!!!

19- damn... I never pegged the doc as the violently abusive type... :/

He's breaking the first line of the Hypocratic Oath by being violently abusive.

Lenny15Prezident - You must be referring to "Primum non nocere" (aka "First do no harm"), which appears nowhere in the Hippocratic Oath. It's a common misconception.

Fair enough, I was referencing that, Ah well learn something new 'n all that

Noor, why you scare with photo? Why noor, why?

I like Noor's scary picture! I love how she changes it often.

I think you may have already found this out, but that was a very bad idea.

You aren't that interested in that job huh? All you need is to fall asleep and your boss to yell at you because you fell asleep at a job you find uninteresting and hellish.

perdix 29

You probably sounded smarter as the silent, thoughtful type when you were asleep than when you are awake prattling on with your inane jibber-jabber. Unless, of course, you snore like the Three Stooges.

If you could fall alseep during an interview, what would you do if you got the job?

Fall asleep and kill someone? Living zombie?

Omg noor your current picture, and the fact you keep editing your original picture freaks me out... More of the former though... Inspired by "the devil inside"?

Marcella1016 31

Lmfao wow Noor too bad you're already with Ezio sounds like you and OP may have a lot in common :P

CaramelMacchiato 13

Noor - judging by your profile picture, you'd know.

cheer21moose 13

Not a damn thing because she obviously didn't get the job

Let us hope you still have enough savings

You would be shit on a sex line. For your interview, you couldn't stay on a little longer? Not enough effort.