Scaredy cats

By Clauric - 03/05/2016 15:15

Today, I found out my 35 year-old brother got divorced 18 months ago when my now ex-sister-in-law told me via Facebook messenger, and asked me to tell my parents, as both of them were too scared to do it themselves. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 334
You deserved it 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, clearly neither of them were mature enough to be married in the first place, let alone to each other. Tell them to man and woman up and tell your parents themselves, it's not your divorce.

Let's hope they won't kill the messenger.

Comments

Part of me wants to call the couple childish, but the other part wonders what the parents did to make their son and his (ex)wife scared of them. Maybe some quality bra- sharing time wasn't exchanged...

DeadxManxWalking 27

took 18 months to build the courage up just enough to tell you?

Just forward the message. Why do you even care.

18: Most people would care if someone tried to get them involved with something that has nothing to do with them.

Um no? Tell them to grow up and do it their own damn selves.

Then… say "**** you and do it yourself."?

Create a group chat with all of them in it and say that your brother has something to tell them.

Not sure if these two are horribly immature for their ages, or if OP's parents are extremely terrifying. Maybe a combination of both, given that I've see how guilt tripping and emotionally abusive parents can get when their kids don't follow the 'plans' they have for them. That said, I'd personally tell them I won't do it, but that I would support them during the announcement. Or they could try to play it off like they have mentioned it and nobody paid attention to it, but that would probably bite them in the ass.