Song sung blue

By Anonymous - 31/07/2012 06:42 - United States - Houston

Today, I was upset over a recent break up. It showed while I was at work, and I made a customer sad just by looking blue. She complained to my manager. I got written up for being so depressed that I got a customer depressed too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 647
You deserved it 3 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This FML depressed me :( why would you bring this depression on the rest of us?! But that does suck, sorry for your luck and break up OP.

flyer55 3

Customers can be so selfish. Hang in there op, the worst part is over

Comments

hopefully you can find a better job that treats its employees better.

I bet the customer was already in a shitty mood and felt like taking it out on the world. I've worked customer service jobs for years. Some come in just to be a nuisance. Like the morbidly obese ladies who complained when I forgot to offer them coffee at a steakhouse...at 7 PM!

Depression is a serious issue. The fact that you caused a customer to have that issue should have been grounds for dismissal.

She's human. Maybe she isn't "oh woe is me" at work... maybe she's just not as smiley/chipper as she usually is and the customer caught on, which made her realize she's still having a shitty day. It happens ALL the time. Yes, she works with the public so she needs to at least TRY to keep her emotions in check, but sometimes it's not that easy.

It sounds like you work in North Carolina. I got wrote up last week for LEAVING a job and giving notice.

They just couldn't stand the thought of parting with you is all.

SenselessPattern 12

Fu$$ as in Fuss, minus the 's' becomes Fus, plus Yodah's brother Ro-Dah, and you get FusRoDah! Didn't know where I was going, did you? Don't worry, neither did I. Hope you can FusRoDah your way out of depression, OP!

Whatever happened to letting other people feel their sadness and just letting them feel their depression and let them move past it without tangling your own emotions into it? Being happy and having gratitude is a choice. I'm starting to think that some people just like to be sad and finding any reason to be. There are people who eat out of garbage cans that are happier. OP, it's ok to be sad right now. However, that customer is a moron.

Trisha_aus 15

62- I cried a little. So sad :(

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#62 - Ugly clam? I'm pretty sure it was an ugly barnacle. Oh, but still so sad :c

So you lost your boyfriend/girlfriend? Haahaa get over it. Does that not sound terrible?

Sorry, but when you work, you need to learn how to keep your emotions in check. No one should know you're in a bad mood unless it's stated. It's proper customer service. However, you should not have gotten in trouble like that. Just go home after your shift and relax :)