To boldly go where no man has gone before

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Boston

Spicy
Today, my new boyfriend and I got intimate for the first time. He started whispering in my ear, but I couldn't understand him. He pushed me away and ignored me the rest of the night. Apparently it's a huge turn-off that I can't talk dirty in Klingon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 068
You deserved it 6 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

isabelf 17

your boyfriend sounds like he has some very odd fetishes...

Comments

I can't stop laughing. This is hilarious but unless you're a nerd you should find someone else

A nerd ? I am a nerd. I think her BF is a dork!

6demon6spawn6 12

oh god I love it. I myself plan on learning klingon.

Who talks dirty in Klingon the first time they have sex with someone?

blazerman_fml 17

Trust me, unfortunately it's more common than you think.

PerditaDessa 38

It's common enough that they sell Klingon sex manuals. With themes like 'first time with a Vulcan during Pon far? Here's what to expect.' Star Trek is an extremely common fandom and a lot of the fans speak at least part of one of the languages. It's a bit much to expect it the first time without prior conversations about it, but it's probably more common than it should be.

But learning Klingon sextalk is rare enough to be never expected, for most people, a good most.

New boyfriend? First time intimate? Sounds like you have your work cut out for you if he gets mad at petty things such as this.

martin8337 35

Attention all star trek nerds: there is no such thing as a Klingon language, it is fictional. Try to learn a real language like Spanish, French or German.

ShadowlessSpear 21

Was looking for an asshat to post this comment. Not disappointed.

I prefer the term "Trekkie" thank you very much...

martin8337 35

#16, I do not belong to PETA. Q is just a letter in the alphabet.

PerditaDessa 38

My job centers around constructed languages. A lot of people speak languages that come from science fiction or fantasy. I know six 'real world' languages but have more fun with the others. All knowledge is valuable; even if, some people find it to be a waste of time.

Technically, all languages are 'made up'. Language is a series of sounds or symbols to which we attach meaning. Words, letters, and sounds only have the meanings we give them-- they do not have any inherent meaning. To say that one language is 'real' and another is not is incredibly myopic. Language is often a symbol of unity and pride-- a way to identify as a part of a culture or subculture. Look at Yiddish speakers, Catalan speakers in Spain, Cymraeg speakers in Wales, or the speakers of many Native American languages that are dying out. Just because a language is spoken by a small number of people doesn't invalidate it.

Queen_of_Night 20

You can learn it at The University of Texas in Austin. For college credit.

How is it not a real language? It has its own grammar, sentence structure entomology; and, as someone else mentioned, is taught in many places including colleges.

you need to find the book learn Klingon in 30 days...

I'm surprised he managed to even talk to a girl!

True Story: when I first met my girlfriend she realized two things: I was kinkier then she was and I was way into Star Trek. After awhile she admitted that when we where first dating she had concerns that I was going to want to try to have some kind of 'strange Klingon sex....' Yep we're still together :)

This is why nerdy guys should stick with nerdy girls