By fine - 28/02/2015 05:22 - United States - Danvers

Today, after struggling for over a year with it, and now having it medically confirmed, I told my step-dad about my depression. He gave me a disgusted look and scoffed, "Toughen up, cunt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 408
You deserved it 4 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

What? He calls you the c word and blows off your illness? horrid. stay strong, OP.

Pancakes017 19

People can be so hateful. Surround yourself with positive people. You're strong enough to get through this :)

Comments

I can relate... That's what my mom said to me except she didn't call me a c***

Oh wow :( sorry to hear that OP. Please don't let that distract you from getting better. Clearly he's an idiot and doesn't understand. Stay strong! You can do it.

Would be interesting to know what your mom says to that. If she doesn't back you up, plan for moving out as fast as you can. There a good pills against depressions.

jedi_master24 11

Look at asapscience's video on YouTube. It will help

pardon my french, but he sounds like a complete assface

I know your struggle. I've struggled with mine for over 15 years. Many people don't understand depression because it's one of those invisible diseases. Surround yourself with positive people, people who won't judge you and try to find an outlet of some sort that gets you out of your head for awhile. Mine have been writing, reading, and painting.

Stay strong, OP! Depression is a hard journey -- don't let people like this bring you down.

Hang in there it will get better i have depression as well it does get better its not your fault

I don't know... they may have been raised that way and ignorant but there is no excuse for being rude. And I think they should have realised someone is telling them something serious and is asking for help. Maybe they could be educated on it though.