By Dsark - 19/02/2014 05:12 - United States - San Diego

Today, during a lecture, my teacher jokingly talked about the time he was best buds with George Washington. Another student then asked, "Really? You knew him?" I'm in an advanced placement U.S. history class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 316
You deserved it 3 746

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, George, that old rascal. I remember when he took his buddies out for a midnight row across the river to throw a surprise Christmas party. Good times...good times.

Comments

Maybe the student was being sarcastic, but I doubt it since OP decided to make an FML about it.

Well, I doubt that anyone could be that stupid, especially since they are in advanced history. OP, I hate to say, was probably making this up, or at least OP knew he was sarcastic and posted it anyway.

I feel like this kid goes to my school.

Or maybe he was being sarcastic and op is the dumb one?

66, that's an option as well. And 75, as much as you're shaking your head at that one, I've met a lot of people who are unaware of how exactly Hitler died. So I think it's at least a little valid to ask that question - but only to find out HOW he died, was he the victim of a secret operation or did he kill himself? For those who don't know and are reading this, it's the latter.

Steffi3 40

As long as your teacher knows what he's talking about, you should be fine

The teacher should give Assassin's Creed 3 as homework.

silassteel 2
audreyfml1994 15

At least it wasn't you who said that. Sorry you have to deal with idiots.

skeptic54 8

Well, did he know him or not!?!?!?

Ah, George, that old rascal. I remember when he took his buddies out for a midnight row across the river to throw a surprise Christmas party. Good times...good times.

ALyte 15

Here's hoping they were being sarcastic!

Well I'm going to hope for his sake he was trying to be funny! If he wasn't joking and was completely serious, sorry you have to deal with morons Op!

Well people are there to learn, not discuss what they already know. its a bit weird that they didnt know, but cut them some slack, they're probably really embarrassed!