By Ifuckdup - 25/05/2017 00:00

Today, I asked my classmate if she was ready for the final tomorrow and she said it was yesterday. I'm not a bad student - I have 90+ average in the class - but the final was 50% of my grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 541
You deserved it 1 885

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why I always triple check the date, time, and location of my exams--daily!

mariri9206 32

ooh, that's rough. how did you mistske the day of your final?

Comments

mariri9206 32

ooh, that's rough. how did you mistske the day of your final?

mariri9206 32

mistake the day of your final?* ugh, freaking autocorrect.

dogeatdogeatheart 4

Twice a week classes are a thing. With one day in between, it could easily be a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday class. Some professors give you the day before the final off to study, or maybe something happened and they thought they just missed class and actually missed the final. If finals are happening the last week of school, it's not entirely strange if they assumed their final was on Thursday when it was actually on Tuesday. Whether or not this qualifies for a re-take depends on the professor, but this seems like a believable ****-up to me.

How rude of you to say that. What if you were in that position?

That's why I always triple check the date, time, and location of my exams--daily!

You should have gone to class or put the date in your phone to remind you.

So I guess you could have missed everything else over the whole year in regards to credit but just remembered this one day, nailed the exam and be in the same position? You should have remembered this date.

That happened to me in college once - a day late to the final. I immediately contacted the teacher and explained what happened. They let me take the same final with another class. Do not wait! Contact your teacher.

You got very lucky. Most teachers would only let you retake an exam if you have a valid excuse. And saying that you forgot what day it was on is not a valid excuse.

Isn't the point of a test to demonstrate what you learned? Why would you not be allowed to demonstrate what you learned during the course just because you missad a date?

tantanpanda 26

Many times for higher up courses, professors make only one final and all sections take it at the same time. If you're a day late, the professor can't be sure that they're testing your knowledge since a classmate who took the class may have given answers. Usually, if you're late to a final, you won't be allowed in if a person has already left. It's for this reason. There's really no reason to miss a final due to a date screwup so no real sympathy here.

Because college is also about learning to be responsible. Forgetting the date of an important exam is hardly being responsible.

gary8082 14

Being a good student, you should know that your grade in the class is now 45+%

Unless it was not your usual class time, YDI for not going to class.

CassyM 6

Hope your prof has a kind heart! Mistakes happen