By Originality18 - 24/02/2009 02:22 - United States

Today, I called the florist and ordered a flower arrangement for my grandma, who I was told was sick. I said I didn't know what to get her, so just to send her something nice. I got a call from my mom calling me an inconsiderate bastard. They sent my grandma forget-me-nots. She has Alzheimers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 439
You deserved it 7 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww!! That's really not your fault...you were just trying to do something nice. I hate when good deeds backfire. And I'm sorry about your grandma. :(

That is one of the most ironic things ever. I don't see what the big deal is though, it's just a name of a flower. And I disagree with #1. Flowers are a very thoughtful gift to those who are sick, especially if in a hospital. It brightens their day, and as a consequence they feel better, and get well faster.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

because op ddnt no wat 2 get her. reading tends to be good before making a dick outta yourself

xtfauthorx 0

if you think about it it's not REALLY that bad of a gift...It's kind of a get better present...

hahahahaha funny shit FYL but that's ****** hilarious

Hahaha funny your comment didnt relate to what you replied to and tried to get your useless, meaningless comment that is true for most fml's to the top where everyone can not care about it and waste their time on your inability to say anything worthwhile

Aww!! That's really not your fault...you were just trying to do something nice. I hate when good deeds backfire. And I'm sorry about your grandma. :(

That is one of the most ironic things ever. I don't see what the big deal is though, it's just a name of a flower. And I disagree with #1. Flowers are a very thoughtful gift to those who are sick, especially if in a hospital. It brightens their day, and as a consequence they feel better, and get well faster.

jubzpanic 0

totally agree. like I actually love the irony, and getting someone anything is considerate!!

damatix 3

how the **** is flowers gunna make u well faster? they got magical healing properties or wut?

#63 You obviously didn't understand the sentence. What they meant is that the flowers put them in a good mood, so they tend to heal faster.

63 If people gave you flowers while you were in the hospital you would be happy, resulting in some chemical blah dee blah that helps you get well. On the other hand if you get nothing, you feel like crap and nothing happens.

@1 How is that zero thought? Flowers are an ideal gift for a sick person, especially when you consider how drab and plain hospitals look. He simply didn't know what flowers to get, I know I wouldn't know in that situation either =/.

chicabonita5683 0

I think #1 was referring to the fact that the person couldn't be thoughtful enough to know what the grandmother would like, not that flowers weren't thoughtful. I think the point was that the person relied on the flower shop to choose the flowers. I agree that it sucks, but it is pretty funny...sorry.

Well I don't even know my own favorite flower. OP gets props for even considering digging around for a grandmother's favorite flower at all.

You should have just got her, her favorite.

Oh, psshaw. Your gram-gram needs to lighten up. If I was an old fogey with alzheimers and my grandkids got me some of those, I'd have laughed hysterically-- and I'd probably remember them better, too. ironies and double entendres make the best mnemonic devices.

Lil_fml 0

That's funny in a very wrong way. xP

well not everyone has an indepth education in flower names, I mean you could've easily gone to the place thought to yourself "wow gran would love these" not knowing what they were called and sent them over. Be glad you didn't deliver them personally. Sorry to hear about your gran. pretty ironic..

holynemesis1208 3

haha. thats awesome it wasn't intentional so you can't feel to bad. but i think i definately would do that on purpose now.