By spleg - 16/12/2010 12:06 - United Kingdom

Today, I discovered that the painful eczema I get every winter was actually being caused by the moisturising cream I use to treat it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 429
You deserved it 4 314

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you started using the cream for no reason then?...

She's also *15 years old*. It's guys like you that make me want to build a concrete fortress around my house to prevent any sick ***** like you from getting to my daughter.

Comments

sydstap24 0

my palms were like peeling and i didn't know why ;(

Unlucky to both of you, and to OP. Jokes, I don't care about you all.

get medicated creme for it. I got some and it stops the itching and heals it :)

yes i also have eczema and its horrible. ive had it every year since i was 5.

You sir are a complete idiot. If all you have to say are nonsensical bullshit comments, you need to get a life or go post where no one has to read your idiocy. Grow up.

Most cream moisturizers make it worse, if you're so dry and cracked with peeling or red skin. Using things like Neosporin, Cortizone, and vaseline work wonders. I find that Vaseline works best for me, because it's pure lubrication. No irritating chemicals like creams have.

Most cream moisturizers make it worse, if you're so dry and cracked with peeling or red skin. Using things like Neosporin, Cortizone, and vaseline work wonders. I find that Vaseline works best, because it's pure lubrication. No irritating chemicals like creams have.

KhrystallDaBest 15

So you started using the cream for no reason then?...

noname5067 0

that's what I was curious about..

KY_Jelly 10

No, I believe the OP meant that they started using the creme to treat the eczema, but even though the eczema went away, they kept using the creme causing another case of eczema.

I was thinking the same...hmmmm *squinty eyes*

Why would they have started using the treatment if the problem had not started? Since they only get it in the winter and not as a constant treatment you would think they wouldn't start using it until the problem had started, since it's caused by the treatment it would never have started in the first place...

What? Nobody starts using excema cream for no reason, you need a script to get it.OP is lying.

who says it's eczema cream? OP said moisturizing cream... don't you moisturise your skin too??

aww thats too bad! at least you can stop using it now

noname5067 0

well there's no way to send you a message on the phone app but if I could I would girl you are sexy

She's also *15 years old*. It's guys like you that make me want to build a concrete fortress around my house to prevent any sick ***** like you from getting to my daughter.

Doc, when your daughter is about that age, please keep her away from FML :| This place is just too full of sick, shirtless ***** like noname5067.

Then go worry about school and stop hitting on random girls. Kids are way to eager to be all grown up. Enjoy your childhood while you have it.

noname5067 0

I'm homeschooled and graduated early I don't have to worry about school. And I'm not trying to grow up too quick it's not unheard of for 16 year-olds to like girls. As for the random, you never know who cares if it's random or not?

Ninjafriends 1

The worst part is that OP found out after using this cream for alone time. Eczema on the wiener for the fail.

noname5067 0

because it's a public site. trying to be a little safe here

lexie206 0

why are you trying to pick up girls on FML anyway? lol..

docbastard I have the bricks mate, once I've finish, I'll send them to you. noname seems to have an excuse for everything (16, no school ) let me guess what's next, you went to school with her, she's a friend. oh wait, that would contradict your previous statement... hrmmm.

noname5067 0

they're not excuses they're explanations and yes 16 no school if you could read I also said "graduated early" I took the chspe in October so I'm legally graduated.

I think it's kinda pointless arguing. Whilst I can't say I approve of people hitting on people over a forum, I'm not sure there's anything against it in the rules, except that it's not 'relevant to original fml'. However, Noname, I don't think it's the fact that you are openly liking girls, but the way (and attitude with which) you're going about it, that people don't approve of.

Fair enough Kay, I don't tend to see them moderated (unless they're very inappropriate or whatever) I tend to just see them thumbed down. Either that or I've been on here less than I realised lately...

noname5067 0

I'm not here to pick up people via the Internet I'm not sure anybody goes on fml for that purpose. however if there's a good looking girl what is wrong with saying something? you try putting people down by assuming things that aren't true. it's not creeping either she put it as her profile picture I saw it. by the way, the abs aren't fake don't get jealous just because you don't have them. go to the gym every now and then and you'd be surprised what you can do!

What Kay said. And I don't try to put people down either, not unless they seriously ask for it anyway, what I tend to do is to point out why someone might object to someone else's behaviour/attitude. And yes, technically there is nothing wrong with you complimenting someone, but that's what PMs are for. I know you said you're on a phone or something, but the point still stands. There's also a way of doing it that doesn't make it sound like you're trying to hook-up, ie a way of doing it without being a bit creepy.

wouldn't you already have to had it to get the cream in the first place?

Ask your dr about Mupirocin. Its a low steriodal ointment that is fairly multipurpose but he prescribed it for my sons eczema and it really helps his flare ups...

Mupirocin is not a steroid - it's an antibiotic (also known by its trade name "Bactroban") which is used to treat certain bacterial infections, usually MRSA these days. If that helps your son, it's most likely the petroleum jelly in the ointment, not the antibiotic. I would change to either regular petroleum jelly or Aquaphor. Overuse of antibacterials is what is leading to the multi-drug resistant bacteria that are rampant.

The strong creams really should only be used as perscribed by the doctor, for reasons Doc stated. OP, if you really have eczema try a different cream, not all have the same things in, and so some will be fine to use. If it's just dry skin you have, then just protect your hands better during the winter and you shouldn't have such a bad problem.

Ismellwin 0

And you weren't wondering why the lotion wasn't clearing it up?

i have it too.. nd it sucks when the cream the doctor gives make it worse

at least you know now and can use something else