By Angelica - 26/05/2011 03:19 - Canada

Today, I finally got the wedding dress I've been waiting months to see. It turns out that my mom ordered the dress 2 sizes smaller than my size, this way it will be "an incentive to lose weight". FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 561
You deserved it 6 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IMveryHUNGRY 3

As long as you don't hold your 4 year old, I heard they've been unclipping dresses at weddings lately...

Well it is an incentive now isn't it?!

Comments

TheDrifter 23

What if she's an endangered white rhino? Why not stick with remotely likely scenarios?

iamtwiggyme 0

lmao @ endangered white rhino

Wear it upside down as clown pants.

It doesn't even matter what size she is!!! Her mum did something incredibly stupid and cruel! She may have just ruined her own daughters wedding day!

I'd rescind her invite as an 'incentive' to get me a new dress in the right size in time for the big day..

Mums an itchbay! She couldve at least dropped the hint before you went dress shopping. Maybe at the wedding reception, make your mum sit at the children's table.

cyfclife 0

'Than' is comparative, not 'then'

ydnar 5

this is FML not English class so STFU!!!

I don't understand why your mother ordered your dress, OP. If you went to a bridal salon they would have taken your measurements there. If not, then you're just an idiot. Always try on important clothing.

Yarrachel 16

Maybe she had tried it on in a store and the mom found a better price online and ordered it from there with the wrong size.

ReynshineCutting 10

I'm sure she did try the sample on and get measurements but her mom probably told them to order it 2 sizes smaller since her mom is paying for the dress.

I know a few people whose parents have paid for the wedding dress, the mum has arranged the appointments for fittings and the actual ordering of the dress. It's not unusual. Most places will suggest ordering a size bigger and alter it because it's easier to make it smaller than it is bigger so the mum defiantly pulled a dick move there.