By disgusted - 16/03/2012 09:02 - United States

Today, I found out that my old roommate used to clean her goldfish bowl with my toothbrush. We lived together for six months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 166
You deserved it 2 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GoW_Chick 14

Wait, hold on a minute! Your roomates goldfish lived for six months? I can't get those damned things to survive a week.

Comments

blackheart24 10

Really 1? That's the best you could come up with?

Yep, noting that I have many needles in my head at the moment.

This reminds me of the FML where this guy's wife cleans his toilet skidmarks with his toothbrush.

GoW_Chick 14

Well shit I was sure you had some 2's, you know because the card game go fish, yeah so I'll just go back to my "I'm an idiot" box... Heh.

#5 that made no sense whatsoever.

She also used your curling iron to groom her pubic hair.

GoW_Chick 14

Ew... How much damn pubic hair would they have to have to do that? I'm grossed out and curious, damn it!

I thought you were gonna say they used the curling iron for more internal reasons of, ahem, pleasure... This is where you remember always reading those warning labels of 'not meant for internal use' & now you know why.

The Doc has a comment that is thumbed down? I have never seen such ridiculousness!

Meh, it happens, mostly when I stray into matters of perversions (aka "Perdixland). Can't win 'em all. :)

Aww, I thought grooming one's pubic hair like a hedge or so was "in" these days. Guess I was misinformed.

I thumbed you up, just because you are Doc.

GoW_Chick 14

Wait, hold on a minute! Your roomates goldfish lived for six months? I can't get those damned things to survive a week.

My brother had one that lived for 12 years. It was strange.

My grandma had one that that we got from a carnival that lived for just over five years. It used to move the rocks and decorations around in it's fish-tank too, so she named him Mighty-Joe. When he died, I cried and we had a funeral and buried him, putting bricks on top and laying freshly picked dandelions on that. I have no clue how he lived that long, I think he was a super-fish or something.

11- Maybe if you took care of them, they wouldn't die.

They can live up to 20 years or more if they're looked after properly.

FMLshark 12

I have a goldfish I got in my biology class freshman year of high school. Senior year, it's still alive and well. If they don't live over a week...you're doing something wrong.

1 week? Are you making that up? it isn't hard to take care of a fish. just feed it once or twice every day and clean the bowl once in a while.

Goldfish are pretty hardy.. One of mine - a white one - lived for around four years, maybe five! If you're really dedicated, they can live longer. You just have to be responsible. That fish that lived for 12 years.. THAT'S AMAZING!!

Feeding helps. I've had two fishes in the past that died within the first week. I had one given to be about 6 months ago that's still alive now. Learned what I did wrong. Though mine were never gold fish. It's smaller and has pretty fins. 17, your grandmas fish sounds cool! A fish that decorates his bowl? I love it!

b0ngs 7

Nastyy. She couldve just bought an actual fish tank scrubber.

It just adds extra protein you'll be fine

Cleo_Nemo_ 9

People amaze me.. That is disgusting.

Mmm fish and mint. Your breath must have been fabulous for those 6 months.

I know I've had goldfish and you can smell them. Surely Op could smell or taste it!

xaviiboo 9

39- how would you know what a goldfish tastes like??

It would have been scrubbing the algae from the sides and bottom of the bowl.. I suppose she should have tasted something odd or felt the sliminess?

Exactly what I meant, not necessarily that I know what one taste like but that there would be a odd taste and or smell to the tooth brush!