By Anonymous - 14/03/2013 21:01 - Germany - M?hlhausen

Today, I found out why my boyfriend likes to do my hair and makeup for me. Far from it being some kind of fetish or hobby, it's because he thinks I do such a crappy job that feels he has to apply it himself so I don't "embarrass" him when we're out in public together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 640
You deserved it 12 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

A boyfriend who cares about your appearance, is proactive and willing to take initiative- why are you complaining?

Hey he sounds pretty versatile to me! I'd take him ANYDAY!

Comments

Hey he sounds pretty versatile to me! I'd take him ANYDAY!

Yes, he cares enough about OP to do her hair. I would keep him too because such guys are hard to find.

AFloppyWetWhale 6

If it's bad enough that he has to do it himself, then ydi. Sorry op!

oj101 33

Girls: Does ponytail with hairbrush and bobble. Loosens and comes apart after a few hours. Puts inches of make up - looks 10% better. Guys: Does ponytail with Hoover nozzle. Precision and tightness that lasts hours. Puts on minimal make up- looks 20% better then smiles and tells his girlfriend she looks beautiful already. Guys are not all douchebags you know?

oj101 33

A boyfriend who cares about your appearance, is proactive and willing to take initiative- why are you complaining?

JimSweatshirt 6

Better than him sayin "you embarrass me when we go out in public"

YDI 100% OP! If you look so bad doing your own make up and hair that it's embarrassing, then that's your own fault. You should be thankful that he clearly loves you for what you have on the inside and doesn't just dump you for looking awful on your own, which many guys do.

Hey at least he's dedicated enough to help you out. Sounds like a decent guy in my book.

If a guy can tell that you have bad hair/makeup, then you must be REALLY bad at fixing hair/makeup.

wlddog 14

How do you women learn to do that stuff anyway?? Is there a class or something??? Because I am still having trouble understanding how a guy even has a chance to do makeup,, much less do a better job then a woman.

If I were you I would be concerned as to why your boyfriend is so good at putting on make-up.

JimSweatshirt 6

Because it's a different view than the person who's actually lookin at you.... In guy terms

Why? I think he should have told her point blank, but it's kind of sweet he tried to help, maybe as not to have to hurt her feelings? If I had bad makeup I'd want someone to tell me.

enormouselephant 15

12- I hate to break it to you, but lipstick goes on your lips, not your cheeks. You did say you'd want to know.

You are correct. I'll try not to mess up again.

CammyGal 26

I'm curious to know how you discovered this.

I'm guessing she asked him why he liked doing it for her.

jett0001 13

I'm glad he cares about it but, is no one curious as to where he got the skills to do it??

I'm definitely curious. Maybe he has a sister, went to her, and got advice? I the the boyfriend should have taken her to a department store, where they do free make up on customers. It would have been more subtle.

ironik69 31

If its lack of knowledge, they have a lot of doityourself ideas in magazines. Lack of money, try going to a beauty college and see if they can help. If its pure laziness, then sit back and let him do it.