By Annabelle - 05/07/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I got a call from my parents that they have decided to get a divorce. My brothers and I just shelled out $5,000 each and spent months planning their 50th Anniversary party that was supposed to be next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 216
You deserved it 3 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To everyone who said YDI for spend slot of money, You parents probley spend 10-20 times as much to keep you alive, so respect them.

the likelihood of a couple getting divorced after 50 years is pretty slim......

Comments

iamstright 0

Invite your friends and make your own party

Are you people serious asking why they would spend that much on their parents? for one thing they're probably grateful for all the things they did for them and put up with when they were younger, but also because 50 years is a crazy long amount of time to spend with one person and I'd deserves that kind if reception. Some people are just fuckfaces FYL if this is true because that really sucks lastly, just because it sounds similiar to another FML doesn't mean it isn't true. don't jump to conclusions so fast.

vt_mruhlin 0

that does suck, but $10,000?! WTF?!

Why would anyone get divorced after being together for 49 years? Seems fishy to me... FYL if it's true though.

Heazie 0

That's the same FML as one right after MJ's death with a couple words changed. Sad...

10 grand?! good lord, what were you getting for them?! I say you and your brother take their gift instead.

Uh, guys, it says brothers. that means 15 grand, minimum.

If you can't get your money back then just re-theme the party and have a good time.